Easter
Easter Sunday fell during General Conference this year. I always like it when that happens. We spent the morning listening to conference and then drove down to Provo for our first official family gathering since most of us have been vaccinated. We had treats and the littles enjoyed an egg hunt. There was more candy then eggs, so the hiders (teenage cousins) just threw some of the wrapped candy on the grass. It was so easy to find that many of the kids just passed it up as they searched for the eggs. It was so fun to see some of the kids get so into it. Elise was all about getting the hard to reach eggs. It was so nice to have great weather too. It felt like a wonderful spring day.
After spending a few hours in Provo, we went back home to make a yummy traditional Easter dinner. Delicious of course. I sure do love this family of mine!These are some photos Callie shared with us of some art projects she worked on. She did the base drawing of a "stick" figure and then did all the rest with actually flowers. Beautiful! She is so talented.
Mr. Z came back to help judge the spelling bee. It was so great to be able to hang out with him again-even if it was just for a day. I am so thankful I had a mentor as amazing as him. I will always be thankful he took a chance on me.
Nathan's Senior Prom
Nathan went to prom with his girlfriend Marisa Bond. They went with a group of Nathan's friends to Herriman's prom. Marisa is a junior at Bingham. For their day activity they went on a hike. They had planned to go to Olive Garden for dinner but then ended up at Café Rio because the wait was too long.
Spent some time catching up with Anna-Lisa and Jody one night this month and while we were eating Anna-Lisa and I both got a text from Kimberly. It surprised us both and we sent this photo back to her asking how she knew we were together--she didn't! She was just texting to let us know she was in town and wanted to see when we could hang out. HAPPY DAY!! It has been too many years since I had seen Kimberly in the flesh. It was so wonderful to catch up in person. I sure do love these two "sisters" of mine.
Then a few nights later I was able to get together with my second grade team. Those nights are ALWAYS the best. I so miss seeing all of these lovely ladies on the daily, but so thankful we still make time to get together regularly. I sure do love these friends of mine!
For Miranda's birthday this year we bought her a ticket to see Les Mis at Hale Center Theater. Of course I couldn't buy just one ticket, I had to buy one for me too. Miranda also invited her friend Hailee. Miranda and I met up for dinner before the show to make a full night of it.
The play was AMAZING!! The actors did a fabulous job. I am so thankful we were able to see it.
While I was doing all this playing with friends, Matt was in Arkansas and Oklahoma. Yep, he got to hang out with Otter-yep I was jealous.
Otter is a very friendly kitty. He quickly decided that Matt was a friend, and was very playful and cuddly during his visit.
Matt, Tyler and Callie took a short road trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Thorncrown chapel is a non-denominational Christian church in the forest outside of Eureka Springs. The walls are mostly glass, so it feels like you are outside in nature when you are sitting in the pews.
Eating cookies on University of Arkansas campus.
Hanging out in Eureka Springs. Two different people stopped to compliment Callie on her coat.
Inside Thorncrown chapel. This is a popular wedding location.
Old Main on the University of Arkansas campus
Matt took his own short road trip to Devli's Den State Park south of Fayetteville. The park has a beautiful creek, small lake and dam, and many miles of hiking trails. Matt might need to go back when he has more time to hike.
Otter is a very loved and spoiled cat. He has his people trained well.
Matt got to run the Hogeye Marathon in Springdale, Arkansas. It rained for most of the morning and during the run. Mike drove with Matt to the start and took this photo of Matt minutes before the race trying not to freeze.
Matt ran the race in 3:45, average pace of 8:35 per mile. He was quite pleased with his effort and results. Callie, Tyler, and Mike all met him at the finish line.
Matt is smiling with joy and relief after finishing his 21st marathon, and first in 10 years.
The small crowd of runners is ready to head out in the rain.
Callie's sign was a fun surprise for Matt to see at the finish.
Matt had a great time with Tyler and Callie (and Otter). It was fun to see how they are making Fayetteville their home. They ate some good food, played some fun games, and enjoyed being together.
On Saturday afternoon after the race, a hot shower for Matt, and some lunch, Mike and Matt drove from Fayetteville to Oklahoma City. Matt got to see Mike and Jen's beautiful Oklahoma home for the first time and spend some great time with Mike, Jen, Holly, and Owen. On Monday, Matt and Mike took an Oklahoma City tour, including the bombing memorial.
Mike and Jen live in a gated community with a small lake, with ducks and very aggressive geese.
The Oklahoma City Temple was closed, but Mike and Matt were able to walk around the grounds.
The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial was a powerful experience. Each bronze and glass chair represents one victim of the bombing.
These protective geese parents would not let Matt within 20 feet without getting aggressive.
Matt went out for a delicious dinner in a restaurant on the lake with the family.
Matt and Mike toured the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman. Don't worry, Matt is still a BYU cougar fan!
I love that the whole group ended up wearing blue.
![]() |
| Nathan looking SHARP! I sure do love this son of mine. |
Spent some time catching up with Anna-Lisa and Jody one night this month and while we were eating Anna-Lisa and I both got a text from Kimberly. It surprised us both and we sent this photo back to her asking how she knew we were together--she didn't! She was just texting to let us know she was in town and wanted to see when we could hang out. HAPPY DAY!! It has been too many years since I had seen Kimberly in the flesh. It was so wonderful to catch up in person. I sure do love these two "sisters" of mine.
Then a few nights later I was able to get together with my second grade team. Those nights are ALWAYS the best. I so miss seeing all of these lovely ladies on the daily, but so thankful we still make time to get together regularly. I sure do love these friends of mine!
For Miranda's birthday this year we bought her a ticket to see Les Mis at Hale Center Theater. Of course I couldn't buy just one ticket, I had to buy one for me too. Miranda also invited her friend Hailee. Miranda and I met up for dinner before the show to make a full night of it.
The play was AMAZING!! The actors did a fabulous job. I am so thankful we were able to see it.
While I was doing all this playing with friends, Matt was in Arkansas and Oklahoma. Yep, he got to hang out with Otter-yep I was jealous.
Otter is a very friendly kitty. He quickly decided that Matt was a friend, and was very playful and cuddly during his visit.
Matt, Tyler and Callie took a short road trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Thorncrown chapel is a non-denominational Christian church in the forest outside of Eureka Springs. The walls are mostly glass, so it feels like you are outside in nature when you are sitting in the pews.
Eating cookies on University of Arkansas campus.
Hanging out in Eureka Springs. Two different people stopped to compliment Callie on her coat.
Inside Thorncrown chapel. This is a popular wedding location.
Old Main on the University of Arkansas campus
Matt took his own short road trip to Devli's Den State Park south of Fayetteville. The park has a beautiful creek, small lake and dam, and many miles of hiking trails. Matt might need to go back when he has more time to hike.
Otter is a very loved and spoiled cat. He has his people trained well.
Matt got to run the Hogeye Marathon in Springdale, Arkansas. It rained for most of the morning and during the run. Mike drove with Matt to the start and took this photo of Matt minutes before the race trying not to freeze.
Matt ran the race in 3:45, average pace of 8:35 per mile. He was quite pleased with his effort and results. Callie, Tyler, and Mike all met him at the finish line.
Matt is smiling with joy and relief after finishing his 21st marathon, and first in 10 years.
The small crowd of runners is ready to head out in the rain.
Callie's sign was a fun surprise for Matt to see at the finish.
Matt had a great time with Tyler and Callie (and Otter). It was fun to see how they are making Fayetteville their home. They ate some good food, played some fun games, and enjoyed being together.
On Saturday afternoon after the race, a hot shower for Matt, and some lunch, Mike and Matt drove from Fayetteville to Oklahoma City. Matt got to see Mike and Jen's beautiful Oklahoma home for the first time and spend some great time with Mike, Jen, Holly, and Owen. On Monday, Matt and Mike took an Oklahoma City tour, including the bombing memorial.
Mike and Jen live in a gated community with a small lake, with ducks and very aggressive geese.
The Oklahoma City Temple was closed, but Mike and Matt were able to walk around the grounds.
The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial was a powerful experience. Each bronze and glass chair represents one victim of the bombing.
These protective geese parents would not let Matt within 20 feet without getting aggressive.
Matt went out for a delicious dinner in a restaurant on the lake with the family.
Matt and Mike toured the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman. Don't worry, Matt is still a BYU cougar fan!








































No comments:
Post a Comment