Sunday, February 7, 2010

Goings On Around Here

Last weekend we had a Hatch girls day. We had a grand time. Matt's sister Paula flew in from Iowa and another sister, Audrey, came up from Cedar City. We all met up to watch the play "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Hale Canter Theater. After which we ate at one of my favorites--Leatherby's. YUM-O! Then, it was back to my house for crafts and chick flicks. It was a fun night. So fun in fact, that I forgot to take any photos. Yes, sad I know. I am so thankful that I have amazing sister-in-laws. What a blessing they are in my life!

Also last Saturday, our neighbors, the Walter family moved. It was great to have the distraction of the Hatch girl's day to keep me away from seeing them load the trailer. Ya, bittersweet. I can't look out my back window at night. I don't want to see the dark windows. In a way it's like saying goodbye to Gwen all over again. It helped that the kids came and stayed with me this weekend while Steve and Becky went to St George. It helps when I realize they will always be around....just not as much. Adam even said that sometimes when he comes over, he will go through the side gate and ring the "Walter" doorbell on the back door...just to comfort me. It's a good move for them. They are getting their dad back. They are getting some much needed organization and regular meals. They are getting a complete family again. I can be happy about that. And I know that they will always remember us even when time gets in the way.

Another thing that has been a little crippling is that on Wednesday I am going in for a major surgery. Due to some endometriosis that is spreading to my colon and intestines, I will be having a full hysterectomy with a possible bowel resection. There has been so much to prepare. Sadly, there have been days that I have been quite paralyzed by my to-do list instead of being motivated by it. I have never had surgery, so at times, I have been nervous about that too. I am sure all will go well and I am very much looking forward to getting rid of that monthly visitor:) Yesterday my AMAZING visiting teachers came and helped me prepare a months worth of food for my freezer. Luckily, my kids are older and they are very capable (if not always willing) of helping out. They will be able to put a freezer meal in the oven with relative ease. I have books stacked ready to read and a pile of movies and a plan to take 5 and a half weeks off everything except my recovery. In 5 and a half weeks my younger brother is getting married in Las Vegas and I need to be ready and able for that. Sadly, I do not have a laptop. I am not sure if I will be able to get online to check up with all of you, my blogging pals, until I am recovered enough to walk up and down the stairs. So, wish me luck...better yet, wish my husband luck. He's the one who's going to have to pick up all the slack while I am living in the bedroom...being lazy..watching movies and reading books. By the way, any suggestions on a good book or movie? I think I'll have time now to get a few in:)

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lindy I am so shocked to hear this! I am sad you have to have such a major surgery. You seem to be handling it alright though. Hopefully your recovery will be relaxing and not too painful. I will mull over what movies and books I recommend. BTW, I am hopefully going to Las Vegas Memorial Day Weekend to celebrate my birthday, and meeting up with whoever can get there. Try to come!

Emily said...

What amazing visiting teachers you have! I will be thinking of you and hoping the surgery and recovery go well. A break from the computer won't be as bad or as painful as you think, especially with lots of good books and movies lying around!

Feffy said...

Best of luck in your surgery! You and your family will b3e in my prayers! Hope you have a quick and relatively painless recovery. Love you!

Dawn said...

Good Luck Wednesday! ...To a Speedy Recovery!!

Stacey said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you good vibes! Please know that I'm just a couple minutes away if you need ANYTHING.

Matt said...

Lindy is out of surgery and doing well. She is in Room 2101 at Alta View Hospital in Sandy and should be ready for visitors or calls tomorrow.

Campbell Clan said...

Matt, if you need inspiration, you can call Ron. He was quite the trooper when I was on bed rest for 9 weeks during this pregnancy.

Lindy, get feeling well soon!

Matt said...

It's actually Room 2102. Sorry.

Julie Smith said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Have you read the Rett McPherson "Torie O'Shea" mysteries? They are quite the fun cozies.

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

OH MY GOSH. I had no idea. I have had some sadness in my life with the passing of my cat that I have not read blogs in a while. I am saddened to learn about your health problems and surgery. I hope you are healing well. I am for sure thinking about you now. Girl, take care of yourself and hope all is well. Gentle hugs to you!