So, my friends, miracles do abound. They really do. We have had some pretty amazing ones around here lately. The first, of course, was my surgery.
For years I have been suffering from certain symptoms. I had been to several doctors expressing that I thought I had endometriosis, but I was always told no that wasn't the case...I was too old, I never had trouble getting pregnant, etc. I was told I needed to eat better and increase my fiber, I was told that maybe I had IBS. I knew that wasn't it. I happen to already eat a lot of fiber. Well, I finally found a doctor that would listen to me and yes, I surely had endometriosis and it was invading my colon and all those other lovely organs down there. My surgery was successful. As it turns out, the endo was more localized than they had thought-thus they were able to leave my ovaries in, but where the endo was, was worse than they expected. They had to remove 12 inches of my colon along with the hysterectomy. (I say "they" because both my GI doctor and OB were present during the surgery) The miracles here are obvious. *I was able to be "asleep" during the 3 and a half hour surgery. *The doctors were able to take out body parts and put me back together again. *Doctors were finally able to pinpoint what was going wrong with my body--come to find out it was nothing I had control over. Nothing that any diet or any amount of exercise would have ever fixed. * Finally (after recovery) I will be symptom free:)
So now, it's the recovery. Here's the view that I have had for the past few weeks..sitting in a recliner in my bedroom, reading books, watching movies, and making "Thank You" cards. My friends and family have spoiled me with lots of flowers and goodies:)
This one is sideways, but I can't seem to turn it. The family knew the walls in my bedroom were empty and boring so they made me some posters to look at.
Here's a shot of my kitty getting into trouble. The kitties did not like me being cooped up in the one room in the house they are not allowed to go in. It drove them batty:) they were always trying to sneak in.
Our next amazing miracle came 6 days after my surgery.Matt, Miranda, Tyler, and Nathan were in a pretty major car accident. The Tuesday night after my surgery around 7:30pm they were just driving down Sego Lily to go to the library. The accident happened just a block or two away from our house (Sego Lily and Bannor Hill). Matt was driving down Sego Lily when he realized there was another car coming at them head on. He was able to swerve a bit to the right so the car hit on the driver's front and side. This set our car into a spinning flip. They ended up upside down. Luckily, they were all wearing seat belts and none of them were hurt beyond a few bruises. Nathan got a seat belt burn on his neck. Miranda called 911 from her cell phone as she hung upside down. Luckily I was not in the car with them. I was sitting in the recliner like I was suppose to. I'm guessing I wouldn't have come out as well. I am sure my staples would have popped and I would have been back in the hospital. The other driver, a male age 33, was taken by handcuffs with the police under suspicion of DUI. At first he thought he would run from the scene, but then thought otherwise...maybe because he could hardly walk at all. Needless to say it was a crazy night. The other driver got cited with drunk driving, fleeing the scene of an accident, negligent driving, and not having proof of insurance. We are so thankful we were so blessed. My kids now know why we have them wear seat belts. I'm guessing we won't hear too many complaints about that family rule now. We are all a bit sad to say goodbye to our minivan. We loved it, but again, we are thankful it protected us so well to the very end. And yes, the photo is right side up as you can see by the white truck in the driveway.
From what I have been told, it looked much worse in person. I guess there was glass and plastic all over. Everyone is amazed that there were no serious injuries or worse.
Nathan was the only one with a real injury. Here's his "battle wound" (again..couldn't get the picture to flip the right way) He was pleased to have a badge of courage. We got to bed quite late that night and told the kids that they didn't have to go to school the next morning. However, the next morning they woke right up and were eager to go to school. They had an amazing story to tell and for one day they were the victors. They were the proof that seat belts do save you. They were the proof that God still performs miracles today:)
So, needless to say, we have had a few interesting weeks. Our neighbors, family, and friends have been an amazing help. There has always been someone around just when we needed them. We have been so blessed. We still have not found a new car, but hope that this week will be the week we do. I'm glad to be back in the blogging world and anxious to get back to the rest of my life...well, most of it anyway...I could get use to not doing housework:)
8 comments:
SO glad all those miracles happened for you and your family. We are glad you're all still in one piece (even if certain pieces are now missing... LOL). Looking forward to Elders Quorum group dinner on Saturday! ;)
What a month. I am so glad you are doing well and recovering nicely. So thankful your family is safe. Love you guys.
My goodness, what a crazy few weeks! Glad everyone's doing ok and that your recovering...hang in there!
It can only get better from here on out!:) So glad you are all safe and well and that you are recovering! Wish I lived closer so I could be of help! Hugs!
I'm so glad you found the right doctor! My friends who have had that surgery are very grateful--after the recovery, that is.
Hi Lindy-Loo.
I was so worried when I heard about the car wreck from Stevie at school the next day, but I'm so gald that everyone is ok. I LOVE the car by the way (And heated bums are one of the most amazing things on the planet :) )Take care and keep on keepin' on! Love you and your family!
Wow. Matt made it sound like no big deal. Amazing what a few details will do for you. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt and that you're feeling better from your surgery.
Post a Comment