For fall break this year we decided to go visit Logan, UT. Well, we decided and paid for a non refundable hotel room in Logan the night before Miranda went back into the hospital. So, what to do? Miranda couldn't go, but we didn't want to just let the room go unused. So, I decided just to take the two boys up for the weekend...well, Thursday and Friday night. We ended up having a great little getaway. We went to a Pumpkin Walk where they had all these scenes made mostly from pumpkins. 
We went to a fall festival where we got to pet goats, ride a train, ride ponies, go through a big corn maze, and the boys got to slide down this giant slide.
We also did a lot of the required things to do while visiting Logan..it was the fist time our boys have been there. The fall colors were at their peak. It was beautiful. We drove around all USU..( I resisted the urge to contact all of Jacob's friends that are currently there), ate Aggie ice cream (ya, BYU creamery is still better!), we ate at the Bluebird Restaurant, bought root beer milk and cookies and cream milk, and, of course, visited the beautiful Logan temple.
Much to my boys chagrin, I also got to spend some time visiting a few of my cousins that I never get to see. I guess we had so much fun with them, that I forgot to take any photos. But don't feel too sorry for the boys. They got plenty of time to watch Nick, swim in the pool and hot tub, and eat yummy food. The hotel we stayed in had the BEST breakfast..good cinnamon rolls and a pancake maker. Now what mini trip could go wrong when there is a pancake maker involved! All in all is was a short and sweet little break form reality. I think Matt and Miranda had a great relaxing quiet time at home too:)
1 comment:
Perfect! So glad you got a little getaway--you needed it!
Post a Comment