Thankfully, November was a bit slower than October and September. The calm before the storm. The kids were busy with school and Matt and I were busy with work. Near the beginning of November we had a crazy snow storm. We got 22" of snow at our house. Most of the snow came during the weekend though, so no time off work or school for us.
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving/Pie Day. This year Matt's brother, Mike, hosted Thanksgiving. It was a great meal and a great set up. The boys even got to play football before the meal. We had the Hatch Family Talent Show on Thanksgiving too. You have to love a talent show that, along with the token serious talents, has toddlers showing how they can run in circles, magic tricks where the audience has to look away for a few minutes, and, my favorite, a performance of "Am I a Man or Am I a Muppet". Boy do I love the Hatch Family!
Thanksgiving Football!
Right after Thanksgiving, Jordan High School had their assembly to honor this year's Sterling Scholars. They did a great job with it.
Each student had about a 5 minute presentation and then all the scholars were called up and given their awards. Miranda and her friends made a video about grammar mistakes for her presentation. After the assembly they had a banquet for the scholars. Each scholar had to prepare the centerpiece for their table. Being the English Sterling Scholar made it a bit harder to come up with a center piece, but I think what we came up with worked well.
Some of Miranda's supporters--Lizzie, Gail, and Peter
So, November was a success. It was a great time to reflect on all that we are thankful for...our family-immediate and extended, our friends, our jobs, our home, our ward, our freedoms, and SOOO many other things. We are blessed!





No comments:
Post a Comment