Tyler went to scout camp-sadly I have no pictures of that yet-but I have heard stories of getting pushed upstream while river rafting in a painful hail storm. Fun right? Nathan got to spend a weekend at "cousin camp" up at Mike and Jen's house. The older cousins planned a few days full of crafts and activities for all the younger ones--complete with a sleepover.
And then it was time for the dreaded school to start again. It was actually kind of a weird start of the school year for us. Everyone had different first days of school. The first one back to school on August 19th was Tyler.
| 10th grade Jordan High School |
I actually went back to work full time the day Tyler started. Back to days of meetings and finishing getting my classroom ready for the new year. Unfortunately this left Nathan with no one to stay home with (Miranda was busy with last minute getting ready for college stuff). Anyhow, the Horsleys came to our rescue and had Nathan take a mini trip up to Pocatello for a few days. So lucky Nathan got to end his summer with a bang and hang out with his second cousins Dave and Nate.
![]() |
| Two peas in a pod-Their dads were best friends as kids too:) |
So, the day after he got back from Pocatello, on August 22nd, Nathan started the 5th grade
| 5th grade Summit Academy Mrs. Seidel |
![]() |
| giving the "peace out" to Sandy |
and all we were left with was this empty room......
![]() |
| With all her roommates |
So, that's August. Now we are back to early mornings and homework and mom working full time. I have a great group of second graders this year. It will be fun getting to know them. I am looking forward to my second year of teaching---a year of tweaking instead of inventing:)



No comments:
Post a Comment