September was a pretty mellow month here. Two kids have now flown the coop--much to my sadness--I'm not happy about having my hatchlings leave the nest. I much prefer them to stay home, but I do know that leaving is what's best for them and in reality, I wouldn't want it any other way. So, like I said it's been mellow around here with just two kids at home...silly, but mellow. As expected the weather started to cool and we started to settle back into school routines and weekday activities. We had our annual Hatch Family s'mores in the canyon FHE---always a hit. We love going to Ledgemere. It's a great area where the kids can play on rocks and in the creek. They also like exploring the cave. When you mix all that with roasted hot dogs and s'mores there's no doubt why it's a kid favorite.
 |
| Christian gets stronger and stronger every year:) |
 |
| Nathan's favorite |
 |
| Cara, Holly, Christian, and Owen playing in the creek |
 |
| Nathan's pretty tough too:) |
The only other eventful thing that happened in September was the new addition to our household. Nathan had been saving his money for quite awhile and finally had enough to purchase his very own pet (and all the needed supplies).
 |
| Meet Ferb- Nathan's new hamster. |
 |
| He's a pretty cute little guy |
 |
| Nathan's is pretty pleased to finally own his own pet |
So, that's about all for September. Matt's busy working and trying to get in a few last minute hikes before the cold weather sets in. I've been busy getting to know my new amazing second graders. Can I just say...I LOVE teaching. I know it's a bit hard on my family having me work full time, but I really love these little kids. Second grade is the best because they love me right back...and they like my silliness..like when I dress up as Mrs. Beaker (remember my classroom is Muppet themed) for any science experiment. Yes, I get a little silly and wear a white lab coat, 3D glasses with the lens popped out, make my hair all askew, and I teach the whole lesson using a fake British/Southern accent (it flips between the two..the kids hardly notice). This being my second year teaching full time, it is much easier. I have all the basics down and I have time to tweak the parts that needed tweaking.
As for the boys, Tyler is spending time practicing his driving skills (eeeekkkk!!), deciding how much time/effort he wants to give to the saxophone, and is teaching himself python-a computer programming language. Nathan is busy with piano, art, cub scouts, and the 5th grade science fair ( I do not like the project he picked...urgh..). He finished the portrait of Jacob he was working on in art this month. I took a picture of it with my cell phone (we sent it off in Jacob's birthday package)...not the best photo, but I think the pencil drawing is pretty good art...especially for a 10 year old:)
No comments:
Post a Comment