So much has changed in the last 5 years. Yes. that's about how long it's been. Our kids seem to keep growing. Three are out on their own and Nathan will soon be sixteen...What?! I hope to fill in all the blanks at some point so I am not going to fill it in here. I will just begin where we are ...January 2019.
Highlights:
- New Year's Eve---The year started at Greg's and Esther's with the Hatch family. Here's a photo I took right after the ball dropped. Games were played, food was eaten, and a good time was had. Overall a great way to bring in the new year. New Year's Day was spent just getting things organized ad being lazy.
- Next up was Sierra Rupper's wedding on January 18th. What a great day! Sierra was as beautiful as ever. Her wedding was at the Payson Temple and then her luncheon and reception were at LeJardin in Sandy. Everything went smoothly and the weather cooperated nicely. After the wedding we went to lunch with Greg Esther Mike Jen and their kids at Dalton's in Payson. Neal is working there right now, but not when we came. Yummy food and just a great time visiting. The reception was great. I was in charge of the hot cocoa bar and luckily it wasn't too hard to do. Miranda was able to go the wedding in the morning and came back for the reception. Tyler was able to drive down for the reception. Sadly, since he had just been here for Christmas, Jacob did't feel like he could come up from LA for it. Miranda came to the reception with Jason Allred, her boyfriend. The brothers has a good time chatting with him and all the family took a keen interest in the guy Miranda brought to a family event. We were exhausted by the end, but it was so fun to be able to spend the day with lots of family.
Miranda and Matt with Grandma Greats
Other things going on in January:
- Matt traveling to Portland, New Jersey, and Orange Co.
- Nathan finishing up his range and road times with driver's ed. He's ready to start driving on his own! He BY FAR has been our easiest one to teach how to drive, He is already so comfortable driving on freeways too.
- Nathan being ordained a Priest and doing baptisms in the temple (being the one doing the baptisms)
- I had a really fun card night with my friends and I got to have a dinner night with my ole second grade team friends. Matt and I had a great date night with the Fisters this month too.
- Matt and Nathan got lots of skiing in and Matt got to go to a BYU basketball game with Miranda.
| Miranda cuddling Stanford and River--yep that's what the cats insist on doing on these cold winter nights |
No comments:
Post a Comment