Nathan turns 16!
It started off with a birthday. Nathan turned 16 on the third. I think we celebrated all weekend long. On Friday night He got to go do go-karts at K1 Speed with Jaxon. After racing we met up with Cara, Audrey, Logan, and James. They all came to our house for pizza, games and hot fudge brownie sundaes. Nathan is so lucky to have cousins for his best friends!
| James, Nathan (Stanford), Cara, Audrey, Jaxon, Logan |
On Saturday Matt and Nathan spent the day skiing and then we went out to Longhorn Steakhouse for his birthday dinner. He ordered the largest steak--and ate it all.
Sunday, Nathan's actual birthday, was the Super Bowl--Rams vs. Patriots. We had the Kremsers, Phil, and Greg and Esther's family over for barbacoa and Texas sheet cake. So Nathan spent the whole weekend celebrating his birthday.
He's a lucky kid though and the celebrating didn't stop there. On Tuesday Nathan got to take a day off school to go skiing. It was freezing, but a great powder day.
On Wednesday Mother Nature wanted to give Nathan a gift and gave us our first
SNOW DAY!! What?!! When the call came in to say they were cancelling school I was BEYOND excited--more than I was on Christmas morning. It was the first snow day our districts have had in about 20 years. I know Summit had a snow day about 8-9 years ago when the districts only had a late start, but none of my other kids have ever had a full day off. I think the problem was that we woke up to a lot of snow, but then it snowed all day. In the end we got about 15 inches here. It was a glorious day off. I stayed in my PJ's ALL DAY!
On Thursday when I walked into work I saw this. A student had written kind notes to put on most of the 6th grade lockers. So nice to see that in a world where there is so much darkness, there is still kindness there too.
On Thursday of that week Nathan got his driver's licence. He's official!
Matt and I got to go out to dinner and play cards with the Proctors. We love getting to hang out with them!!
Las Vegas!
For President's Day weekend we headed down to Vegas to visit with Dennis and Mary. It was also time for Nathan to finally get his big Christmas gift--a ride in a NASCAR! We drove down Friday after school and got in late. There was a lot of traffic..probably most of the Wasatch front decided to head south. Saturday and Sunday was spent helping Dennis and Mary with odd jobs and running errands for them. We went out to dinner Saturday night and then Mary fixed us a yummy roast dinner Sunday night.
I got to go out to a movie with Mary and then we also got to play cards Sunday night. Fun stuff!!
Monday morning brought us to the race track. Nathan got to ride three laps at full speed. As part of the package we got a video recording of him in the cabin. When he finished his laps they realized the video didn't work so they put him back into the car to go again. Lucky kid! This time he also was in the car for a tire change. It was quite the experience. It's great he had a great time. After his ride we headed back home and had an enjoyable--NOT--8 hour drive back to SLC. SO much traffic and SNOW. Ugh! However we did make it safely so I guess that's what's important.
Nathan also got to check out all the fancy cars at Dream Racing. He said he would be more intimidated driving some of these than he would be driving a NASCAR.
No comments:
Post a Comment