SPRING BREAK
For spring break this year we all seemed to be going different directions. Matt had a business trip to Portland. OR and decided to stay an extra few days to hike on the coast. I was able to find some airline tickets for me to go to ABQ and Nathan to go visit Jacob in CA and our departing and returning flights were within 10 minutes of each other. Score! Miranda and Tyler were busy with finals so no fun for them...(actually Miranda went to Florida just before our spring break, but we are going to try and forget that trip...ugh)
Albuquerque:
It was so fun going to Albuquerque and hanging out with family there. It was also nice to get to warmer weather. I stayed with Chris and Kim so I could maximize my time with Brooklyn :) On Saturday we just hung out and met Bret and Debbie for lunch. On Sunday we met Bret, Debbie, Jayson, and JJ at the zoo. It was so fun to watch Brooklyn enjoy it.
| I think she likes it! |
On Monday and Tuesday I was able to hang out with Brooklyn while everyone else was working. LUCKY ME!! On Monday we went to the park and my friend Elizabeth Hendrickson came over for lunch during nap time. It was great to catch up with her. Tuesday Brooklyn and I went shopping and I was able to spoil her with lots of new summer clothes:)
Monday night we went to Bret and Debbie's for dinner. Tuesday night I made Chris and Kim dinner and we went to the park.It was such a fun but short visit. I sure wish those I love lived closer to me!!
California:
So while I was in Albuquerque, Nathan was hanging out in LA with Jacob. The boys had a great time!
They saw lots of fancy cars and visited the Pagani dealership.
They went to the Observatory and were able to get an amazing time lapse video of the sunset and all the city lights turning on.
A visit to Magic Mountain and, of course, a visit to the LACMA and downtown to see the tall buildings.
A hike to the Hollywood sign...
And then to the beach and Santa Monica Pier
Oregon:
Meanwhile Matt was hanging out in Oregon by himself going to some of our favorite places and finding a new favorite place.
Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland
EASTER
We were all back home in time for Easter. Easter isn't quite as fun as it used to be...no Rack, Shack, and Benny videos while we eat chocolate bunnies anymore, but we did have a nice day. We were able to go down to Grandpa's house and have an egg hunt. Then we came back home to have a yummy dinner together. Miranda was even able to join us.
| Mae Chilton and Andrew Mangum enjoying grandpa's hot dogs |
| The "cool kids"--James Chilton, Nathan, and Jaxon Kremser |
The best thing that happened this month though was Miranda's graduation from BYU!!! How exciting it is to have our first college graduate! Miranda graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Political Science and Latin American Studies with a minor in International Relations. Jacob was able to fly in and Tyler made it down for a few days between his finals. It was SO WONDERFUL to have us all together! The night before Miranda's graduation we went to a 10pm showing of Avengers Endgame. Great movie and great to spend the time with the kids, but goodness we got home late!
Grandpa was able to join in on the graduation festivities on Friday. It started to rain so they started the commencement procession early. Lucky us! There were tons of graduates in Miranda's college, but only a few talks and one of them was Miranda's good friend Matt Easton so the whole thing seemed to go by quickly.
Once we got out, the weather was perfect for pictures.
After the graduation we continued the celebration by eating a yummy meal at Tucanos. I tried to get a photo of the kids, but they weren't too excited about it.
After eating Matt headed to the airport to go on a hiking adventure with work buddies (I have no pictures of that) and then he went on to California for work. We helped Miranda move her things up to Sandy. She'll be hanging with us until June when she moves in with Sarah.
Sunday night we had a family/friend dinner to celebrate Miranda's graduation. A lot of people came to wish her well, but the only photo I took was of my friends. Nice to have their support. I love all my peoples! Nice to have so many loved ones live close by.
| Dina Croll, Ellen Curtis, me, and Anna-Lisa Glad |
So, April was a great month! Now on to May! Summer is almost here!!





No comments:
Post a Comment