Thanksgiving weekend!!!! What a great four day weekend this always is. Sadly I was so busy having fun I forgot to take photos. Oh well. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Matt's brother's house. Cousins galore. Fun time for the kids and great food too. The "men" got to play football and basketball. We have the tradition of going to the movies on Thanksgiving night..to a "real" (not dollar) movie. It's about the only time during the year that we do. This year we picked to go see "BOLT" It was a pretty cute show. Everyone seemed to like it. It was a fun filling day.
The next day started early for me...seems as though I am a Black Friday LOVER!! I talked two of my sister-in-laws into going with me. Fun times. I got most of my Christmas shopping done, got some awsome deals, and got to have a yummy breakfast out. After shopping the days festivities really began. The Hatch family (extended) has this wonderful...beautiful tradition of PIE DAY. That's what they call the day after Thanksgiving. You know you are always too full to sufficiently enjoy pie after all that yummy Thanksgiving food. So, we don't eat pie on Thanksgiving. We eat pumpkin pie squares. Then on Pie Day, that's just about all we eat. PIE . YUMMmmm. There's always turkey soup too, but he main course, snack, and snack again is pie. We had apple, pumpkin, banana cream, chocolate cream, French silk, lemon meringue, strawberry, triple berry, cherry, yogurt, blueberry, peppermint, Oreo, and probably some more...but I can't remember. So two days filled with cousins and fun. No work. Nice
Then on to Saturday. After a big sleep in we finally decided to get some work done.
I am so thankful for so many things and thankful for a day devoted to thinking about them.
My family (immediate and extended)
my cat
my friends
the gospel
modern technology
books
washing machines
etc. etc. etc. because the list does go on and on....
I am thankful for all of you! I hope you all had a good holiday too.
And now it's Christmas Time!!!!
4 comments:
Glad you had a great thanksgiving! And yes, now it's on to Christmas...time sure is flying by fast. Hope your holidays are happy!:) Love ya!
i didn't know you were a black friday person--next year you'll have to show me the ropes!
It look like you all had a great weekend. I love pie day too, it was fun when we were kids and all had it together.
Angela, next year..for sure! Lydia, I know! It's too bad your mom and Ria had so many kids...now with the grandkids there's just too many of us for one house.
Post a Comment