Sunday, November 16, 2008

What you missed....

OK no fun...our computer went AWOL for awhile. I was able to get online a few times in the last few weeks,but only in short bursts and never enough time to blog or blogstalk. Sadness! But, I'm back! At least I hope so. So what has been going on around here aside from trying to fix a dumb computer?

HALLOWEEN:
We had a fun year this year. My dad was still here. We started the day with a party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. with all the Utah cousins. The highlight of that party was getting to stomp on a large roll of bubble wrap. Even the adults got a kick out of doing that. Then later there was a lot of fun had collecting candy. Nathan-the ghost got to go trick-or-treating with his friend Sammy. Tyler-the block of cheese, also got to go out with a friend--Cole. He felt like a big kid getting to go around a different neighborhood with friends. It was a little cold and a bit rainy, but that didn't hinder the kids much. They all came home with loads of candy. I am happy it is gone now!
NOVEMBER 1st:
The day after.... well, it was a good day on it's own though. Jacob had his 16th birthday party. Yes, a little late, but it was the first day that worked. So, we had a house full of teenagers. They ate a lot of food and hopefully had a lot of fun. We did a photo scavenger hunt and did the classic doughnut on a string game. Jacob had to do something involving powered doughnuts! I think Jacob and everyone had a pretty good evening. We entertained them from 5- 11pm. Crazy, but fun.
Also on November 1st, we found Matt's brother Neal in Nevada. He is now home-safe and trying to figure out what to do now. We are all so glad he is back safely. It was truly an answer to our prayers.
And everything else...
Sadly, my dad eventually had to go back home. The kids loved having him here, but I'm guessing Grammy was ready for him to come home. We got our first "big" snowstorm on the 5th. We got just under a foot of snow here. The kids were so excited. Winter is here, even though we are still trying to rake up leaves. I guess I'm as ready as I will ever be. At least it means it's closer to Christmas!
I was able to get together with some of my ABQ friends again when Travis Christensen flew into town with his wife. It was a fun visit. Hummm....and what else? I guess just all the normal running around and cleaning and doing I do. I am looking forward to the holidays. Hopefully our computer won't go out on us again! I missed bolgging and blogstalking!

5 comments:

angela michelle said...

Glad you're back! You guys really know how to keep the party rolling over there! I'm so happy to hear you found Matt's brother. Happy 40th to Matt! Mark's is coming up, and we're still planning on a big party, so we'll let you know.

Stacey said...

Yeah! Back to the blogging! So happy to hear your prayers were answered with the news of Matt's brother being safe.

Anonymous said...

Jake's party was AMAZING! that was a lot of fun, especially the powdered doughnuts ;D

Lydia said...

Glad to have you back in the blog world. We are so happy about Neal!

Audrey said...

It's fun to hear what's going on with you guys, sounds like you've been pretty busy. We're excited to see you next week.