Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Midlife Crisis??

On Saturday Matt turned 40! He wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but it seemed to happen anyway. He started the day off with a 10 mile (now how many 40 year olds just go out for a ten mile run for fun?). After his run he went on a hike with Jacob and Tyler and Rand (our brother-in-law) and his daughter Sierra. Rand took the picture above and I love it. He claims he was not being defiant because it's still technically autumn and not winter. They hiked to a waterfall that had a lot of icicles. They said it was beautiful. While Matt was hiking Nathan, his friend, and I were busy making this sign and putting up balloons and decorations. Matt really didn't want any celebration honoring his big day, but I couldn't let forty come and go without some fanfare. Right?Since the big BYU vs. Utah game was on his birthday we had his family over for snacks and game watching. Too bad BYU didn't know it was Matt's birthday so they could win for him. We still enjoyed hanging out with family though. Here's Matt with his brothers Greg and Neal--BYU zingers.
Matt got a guitar for his birthday. He's excited to start learning a new instrument. I figured it was a lot better than getting a new car (which we don't have the money for)or a new wife (now that just wouldn't do!) He's already started to take private lessons. We'll be singing "Home on the Range" around the campfire in no time! Doesn't he look great!

To end the day my sweet husband let Miranda and I go to see Twilight (a late showing). I really liked it. Of course, it wasn't as good as the books, but still pretty good. PLANARIA....can you believe it Kimberly? PLANARIA?!!
So happy birthday to my other half! Who's not even half way through his life. He is wonderful and I love him much. I feel lucky to have him. I hope he had a great day!


7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lindy! I totally thought of you when I saw the scene with the planaria!! I liked the movie too, and thought it was better than the books. I was not a big fan of the books. Happy birthday to Matt.

Lydia said...

Happy B-day Matt. It looks like you had a good day.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Happy belated birthday Matt. Sounds like my kind of celebrating, 10 miles then a hike. Way to make your body think it is still young....=) Have a great thanksgiving

The Hurst Family said...

Happy birthday cousin. You look almost a great as this 41 year old. Just kidding. Just wanted to invite you to view the hurst family blog at hurstfamily88.blogspot.com Love RaeAnn

Stacey said...

Hey Matt! Hope you had a fun day--looks like you had a great hike... even with EXTREME avalanche danger. Can't wait to hear your guitar strummin' one of these days!

angela michelle said...

i love that picture of the sign on the trail--that about sums it up! happy birthday matt! mark wants you to know that he's still in his thirties :)

Lindy said...

Ya by days.......