Monday, July 20, 2009

Adventures in camping

I spent Monday- Thursday of last week at girl's camp. This year we went to a WONDERFUL place called Reid Ranch. We stayed in a bunk house and had a pool all to ourselves. They provided all the food too. We ate well. It was just great to not have to worry about food preparation. On top of that we got to canoe, paddle boat, do archery, ride horses, and all sorts of fun things like that.The girls all did great too. We only had 16 girls....well behaved ones too. So, we were all able to have some great experiences. I love doing girl's camp. It is a great place to be. I mean where else can you hear a girl proclaim with gusto and wonder "Holy Crap! I AM a daughter of God!"

Then, on Friday we left to go to Heber Valley Camp with Matt's family for the weekend. We took a lot of great pictures, but my computer is not letting me do that collage thing so, you will just get a few to look at. I love getting together with family in the woods. There is something magical about sitting around a campfire--and it's not just the 'smores. Matt's sister Paula and her family (including my amazingly cute 5 week old nephew-Calvin) came to town to join in on the fun too. The kids had a lot of fun hangin' out with all their cousins. It was crazy to realize that after Esther has her baby next month Nathan will be in the "older" group of grand kids. Right now he is #13 out of 25---the middle man. Crazy!
There were also a lot of fun things to do at this camp. We got to go out on the lake (yep that means I went canoeing 4 times in one week!), we did crafts (it's amazing how long a bottle of glue and a box of popsicle sticks can entertain kids), and they got to do a fun challenge course too. We also got to eat a lot of yummy food. It just wouldn't be camping if we didn't have good food.It was a fun camping week. Poor Miranda had to leave for another week long camp this morning. I think by the time she gets home on Friday she will be ready to burn the sleeping bag.

4 comments:

Horsley News said...

Looks like a lot of fun. My family is going up in Sept to Heber Valley camp. Last year we had 3 deer come down right into our camp.

John

easleyfamily said...

So fun to see you guys there! Miranda is a trooper with all that camping...

Janice {Run Far} said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Heber Valley Camp. I went to girls camp there, 4 times while living in Vernal.

This will be my families 3rd year having a family reunion up there. I have/will miss all 3 of them. The 1st year I was in Vegas with friends, last year we had just moved here and this year... I am in Ky. Sadness for me. I am so happy the Hatches were able to enjoy the camp as well.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Greg's sister took those very cute pictures of my girl while visiting in Vernal. I love em.

To get the "I belong" button...

Save that picture to your computer, then when you go into your Layout... add a picture... add THAT picture and where it has a spot for a link (which is how they can click on the picture and go to the site) add the link..
http://www.mormon.org

it's easy, I hope I didn't confuse you.