Monday, September 28, 2009

Hummm.....

So I finally have a few moments to post something on my blog and now I'm not sure what to post about. We have, of course, been busy trying to "Live and Let Live". So I could talk about:

*the backyard camp out we had a few weeks ago. Tyler and his friend Cole slept out on the tramp while Matt and Nathan slept in a tent in the yard. We even roasted 'smores (on the grill)

*Jacob's date to Homecoming. School dances are such a production here. First, you have to ask the person in a creative way (Jacob made a poster that said "Will you GLOW with me to homecoming"-spelling the word glow with glow sticks and then covering her yard with glow sticks). Then, they have to answer back creatively (she came and spelled out the word "Yes" with glow in the dark stars on his bedroom wall). Most kids go to the dance with a large group. Jacob's group had 6 couples. The day of the dance you have a daytime activity (Jacob's group decided to have a pit stop at the Provo bakery and canoe down the Provo river). The boys then came to my house and prepared an amazing dinner of Chicken Cordon Bleu with sides and amazing chocolate carmel pecan cakes for dessert. After getting all cleaned up and picking the girls back up they ate the meal at the Walter's house, went to the dance, and came back and watched movies........See, school dances really are marathon dates. It felt like a marathon just giving a brief description of it:)
A little goofy picture of Jacob, but it's all I have so far. Jessica was his date. (Yes..I'm still not totally OK with the fact that I have a child old enough to go on dates!..But he is getting quite handsome isn't he?)
*I could also write about how dang CUTE my new kitties are! They are keeping me a little too entertained when the kids are at school. I would much rather play with them then do the work I should be doing. Jack--or should I say Trouble--is just that--TROUBLE!. He is full of energy and curiosity. Here he is helping me unload groceries today...or at least he's thinking he's helping:)
It's also quite cute to see them both cuddle together.
*Or, the great weekend we had. This last weekend was my annual scrapbooking weekend in Park City with my high school friend Anna-Lisa. It's always a great get-away for me. It's fun to catch up with the friends that go because, for most, it's the only time I see them. We ate lots of junk food, stayed up until 4am watching movies, scrappin' , and laughing. Slept in until 10. and this year we even spent a few hours shopping at the outlet mall... aahhhhh good times.
While I was in Park City Matt took the two younger boys (and Tyler's friend James) hiking. They climbed to the top of Sunset Peak. They loved seeing all the fall colors. Matt was glad to get in one more hike before the weather changes on us.
*Our awesome annual Hatch family s'mores night in the canyon. Tonight we went up in the canyon with Matt's family and roasted marshmallows and explored a cave. It's always fun to get together with all those cousins..especially when it includes eating sugar and being in the mountains. I didn't get any photos of them, but the leaves in the canyon are beautiful. Most of the trees in town haven't turned yet, so it's fun to get up and see them in the canyon.

So, I could write about all those things we have been filling our time up with or about all the other many day to day tasks and events (like those exciting parent teacher conferences), but dang, wouldn't that be a LONG post????

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Great post! It's fun to hear about all you guys are doing, and were getting really excited to see you this weekend!

Julie Smith said...

Very informative post. I think school dance pictures are so fun. I wonder if my boys will ever want to go or if they'll still think girls have cooties. Chad has been 14 for almost a month now and shows no interest whatsoever in going to a stake dance. Also, I want to go to the annual s'mores activity. Why wasn't I born a Hatch?

Lydia said...

It sounds like your life has been as busy as ours.