So, I have now been Mrs. Hatch first grade teacher for two weeks and I have to say I'm loving it. I love the school and I am really liking the first grade team. I think they will be great ladies to work with. At Summit Academy all classrooms up to 5th grade have two teachers. One part time and one full time. I am one of the part time teachers in first grade. I only work from 9am-1pm everyday. (Ya, I know, could the hours be any better? No. It's great. I have been able to get my kids all off to school and then get myself ready. Then, in the afternoons, I have a bit of time before I collect all my hatchlings again.) The classes have two teachers so they can level the kids into more groups for Math and Language Arts. So, I go in everyday just to teach Math and LA. and I get to help out at recess an lunch. It has been a lot of fun. The kids are so cute. First grade is wonderful. I love it when the kids can still be entranced with a Dr. Seuss book. The only real downside to it is that it really makes me want to have my own class:)
Friday, September 3, 2010
Mrs. Hatch
So, I have now been Mrs. Hatch first grade teacher for two weeks and I have to say I'm loving it. I love the school and I am really liking the first grade team. I think they will be great ladies to work with. At Summit Academy all classrooms up to 5th grade have two teachers. One part time and one full time. I am one of the part time teachers in first grade. I only work from 9am-1pm everyday. (Ya, I know, could the hours be any better? No. It's great. I have been able to get my kids all off to school and then get myself ready. Then, in the afternoons, I have a bit of time before I collect all my hatchlings again.) The classes have two teachers so they can level the kids into more groups for Math and Language Arts. So, I go in everyday just to teach Math and LA. and I get to help out at recess an lunch. It has been a lot of fun. The kids are so cute. First grade is wonderful. I love it when the kids can still be entranced with a Dr. Seuss book. The only real downside to it is that it really makes me want to have my own class:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations Lindy. I'm glad you're loving it. I really want to do 1st grade when I go full time. For now I'm finding joy in whatever the day brings me. Not too much stress so far. I do miss the classroom though.
Congrats. I didn't realize you were teaching. How perfect to only be gone when your children are gone. I hope it is a great year.
I had no idea you were teaching! I bet you're awesome!!!
WOW, really? That is so cool. I had no idea you were going to be doing this. You are going to be great at this. You rock!
Post a Comment