Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ya, I had a birthday....

So, a few weeks ago I turned 40. It wasn't as difficult as I once thought it might be. It's was made easier by the fact that I am the mother of an 18 year old that is getting ready for college and a mission (I really wouldn't want to be much younger would I?). Also, I really don't feel that old..gee I was in college just a few years ago right? Well, anyhow, I thought the milestone was worth celebrating. It's not often that geezers like me have an excuse to have a party, dance and eat lots of junk...so, that's just what we did. Matt and the kids did a great job with the party. We had the party at the Sons Of Utah Pioneers building. It was a great location. We had a kitchen area, plenty of tables and chairs and a big dance floor. They decorated with plenty of balloons and framed photos of me though the years. Sadly, I was not the one with the camera that night so there are not as many photos as I would have liked....you know ones with me and all my party goers. But Miranda did manage to get some good ones. And judging by the length of this post, you wouldn't want me to bore you with any more than what I've got:)Laura, Rand, Ria, and Sierra
My sister-in-law made some amazing cupcakes (by special request)..cookie dough and cream filled...recipes found on my friend Emily's website. They were beautiful and super tasty. Combine that with all the other great food friends brought, we had quite the plethora of party food.

It was great having so many of my friends and family show up. I was a little sad because I didn't get to visit as much as I would have wanted to.

The Campbells-I even got to meet the twins...finally!Josie, Ella, and Alice


Some of my side of the family:) Mark and Angela Ashurst-MeGee and Anna-Lisa and Kevin GladKim Butler, me, Patricia Riggs

And you see what I mean? No pictures of Stacey, Christy, Diana, Anne, etc. etc I guess I will just have to commit it to memory that you were all there:) The kids and even some adults enjoyed dancing with all the balloons on the dance floor. I believe Nathan said it was his favorite part. I loved seeing my nieces and nephews (and kids) have so much fun. And, of course, I had to get some dancing in!Hummmm Anna-Lisa....looks like a few photos I have of my 16th birthday party...with out the polka dots though:)Audrey, Brian, and their girls even made it up from Cedar City to help me celebrate:)Tyler and his posse (kind of works out well when your parents are friends...too bad I didn't get a photo of Cole's or James' parents! )Two of the party perpetrators. Their music, ipods, and balloon blowing skills came in handy..not to mention the 80's prize drawings that Jacob organized. Who wouldn't want a Rubik's cube or a DVD of the original Karate Kid? These two even missed Jordan's Homecoming football game for my party. What troopers:)

So, it was a great night. Matt showed a video of my first 40 years. I haven't been able to get blogger to download it yet though. I will keep trying. I know you'll want to see that too mom and dad. I have the best husband, family and friends. Thanks to all who came in person or in thought. May the next 40 years be as grand:)

3 comments:

angela michelle said...

Glad you had a fun time. I agree--your fam did a great job organizing it. And I agree that this age isn't so bad. I wouldn't go back.

Emily said...

We so wanted to come but everything fell apart at the last minute. :( Looks like it was so much fun! I am so glad! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Campbell Clan said...

It looks like the party was a blast. I am so sad that I missed it! Part time jobs really get in the way sometimes. :(