Friday, January 7, 2011

2011!


So we are now 7 days into the new year. 2011. Still a bit weird, but I'm trying to get over it. We were able to party on New Year's Eve with our good friends the Stenseth's. The younger boys had a great time..even when we ditched out a bit early so we could be home before the stroke of midnight...quicker bedtime:) Stacey has a few photos up on her blog--luckily nothing too embarrassing. Then, we were able to spend New Year's Day with our other good friends, the Ashurst-McGee's. What an amazing way to bring in the new year...with good friends! So, Angela, why is it we always forget to take photos when we all hanging out?

So, a new year= new goals. new plans, etc... What am I doing?

Well, not a lot actually. Not a lot different that is. I'm actually quite apprehensive about this year. I have not been looking forward to this year much. It's the year my oldest graduates, goes to college, and then on a mission....uuuuuuuuhhhh deep breath. Now I am glad these things will be happening. It's much better that they are then if they were not, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to let go...mentally, physically, or financially:)

So, I'm not changing a lot this new year or setting lofty goals. I am, however, having a new motto for the year. I'm borrowing it from my Mary Engelbreit's calendar..

"All the Happiness You Can Handle!"

That will be my goal for the year. To fill it with as much happiness as I can handle. Enjoy this year/day/moment as much as I can while I have it. Don't dwell on things I cannot control. Don't worry about what the future holds. Just make sure that I am in the right place--spiritually, physically, mentally, financially, to be able to have all the happiness I can handle.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Love that motto! You will have an amazing year, just because you're you!

Julie Smith said...

I am so not looking forward to college days. Although, on the plus side, the upstairs bathroom will stay a lot cleaner.

angela michelle said...

I'm so glad you're going through that whole college/mission thing first. I am not ready! I'm sure you guys will be an excellent example.

Thanks again for taking such good care of us that night.