
So here it is the third week of the new year and, somehow, I still have nothing too exciting to report. We've been plugging along, getting a few things done here and there. The sky has been
murky. The weather COLD. I've been seeking the happiness each day brings---happiness, I've
discovered is very illusive between the hours of 3 and 5pm, especially when I'm working on getting rid of my sugar addiction. Patience for fighting, complaining kids, requires some level of sugar intoxication. So does that mean a fluffy patient mom is better than a thin snippy mom?
Humm I've got to figure that one out. If you have any great tactics you've used on this issue,
I'm all ears. The bright spot in January this year has been the
BYU basketball team. It's been great fun watching them do so well. We have a kid or two that's quite
addicted as well. Go
Jimmer!
Well, like I said, nothing too exciting. I guess no
gnews is good
gnews--(ya, remember I LOVE muppets). We've got a busy week ahead of us though, so this calm won't last forever....
4 comments:
True enough... no gnews is good gnews. Re: sugar addiction... the only thing I can truly recommend is plenty of water and LOTS of protein, it seems to satisfy the tummy a little longer. Rich and I love salted soy nuts, or even raw almonds. Honestly, though, I do love me some good candy every now and then.
We've had a slow 2011 too! It's kinda nice, I must say! But always fun to catch up with you guys!
You should see my secret sugar drawer. It is hilarious. I'm an addict for sure. Cute pic by the way. Hey are you coming to my wedding? I hope you can afford to get out here. I want you in the temple with me! I have an idea. I will call you.
I have been trying to cut down on the sugar too. The one thing that seems to help is to chew gum after dinner when I'm used to having a little sweet treat. Good luck!
Post a Comment