Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nate the Great turns Eight!

So this cute boy is 8. CRAZY! How lucky we are to have him in our family. He is smart, creative, silly, great at drawing giant killer sharks, an expert lego designer, and a great opera singer (if you attend our primary or visit my house at all you know that. Silly boy!). To start the celebrations Nathan had a LEGO party with his friends. Yep, Legos are the current obsession--they have been for at least a year now. Here are the amazing badges I made for the boys. Throughout the party they had to complete certain challenges to become "Lego Experts". They got a sicker on the back as they completed the challenges.Here are the amazing lego head cake pops I made. They were a lot harder than I expected and therefore didn't turn out as grand as I had hoped, but the boys still loved them.The artist--Jacob-- made lego pieces out of fondant to put on top of the cupcakes. They turned out amazing as you can see. The boys got a kick out of eating "lego pieces".There was plenty of lego building, game playing and eating (I fed them pizza before all that sugar). Nathan got some great gifts too. We did a lego hunt where the boys found a lego racer set for each of them--the "goody bag". I was able to use up a lot of party time just having them put their sets together:) So, Nathan had a great night....the friend party was a success.
On Saturday the festivities continued. Nathan got baptized:) It was a great day..and how lucky for Nathan that he was able to get baptized by his big brother Jacob. Nathan had a lot of family and friends who came to support him. We all had a yummy lunch at our house afterward too. As you can see, Nathan was a bit wired from all the attention. How lucky for him to get to have a friend party and a family party.
Today we had another family get-together. Not for Nathan this time, but for our new nephew Jack. Josie and Kyle's third child was blessed today. Oh and what a cutie! I should have gotten a photo. It's been a fun weekend. We are so blessed to live by great friends and family:)

Tomorrow starts another new adventure. Nathan is starting a new school. Tomorrow will be Nathan's first day at Summit Academy--the school where I teach. It wasn't the easiest decision, but we feel like it will be the best int he long run. The kids in his new class are anxiously awaiting to welcome him with warm smiles and friendship. Aside from having to wear a uniform and get timed on his math facts, he has a good attitude about this change and is even looking forward to it a bit. Hopefully it goes as well as I hope it does:)

5 comments:

angela michelle said...

Your birthday treats look amazing. I'm sure Nathan loved the whole thing. So glad Mark and the kids were able to make it.

(But Mark forgot your pile of stuff. And Haley left her scripture bag at your house. So now we need to see each other even more!)

Stacey said...

Wow! What a great weekend you had! I LOVE the Lego themed birthday, and the treats look amazing! Hope Nathan has a wonderful day today at Summit.

Campbell Clan said...

Adorable birthday party idea. When Lucas wants to have a Lego party, I will for sure recruit you guys to come help me. :) Congrats to Nathan on the baptism and the new school!

Julie Smith said...

Ooh, uniforms. That will be different. The birthday treats are darling. My girls had a lego party one year.

Middlemiss said...

How wonderful for Jacob to baptize his brother. Christian was standing next to me and said " Can I baptize my brother"