Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wedding wrap up

Finally, I'm posting...
Last week I was able to fly down to Phoenix for my friend April's wedding. I flew in on the 5th--a day ahead of all the wedding fun so I could spend time with some of our good friends from when we lived there. I spent Tuesday night with Shawn Hatch. We were eating dinner when the big dust storm hit. When we came out the air was thick with dust and there was a 1/4 in layer of dust everywhere. Lucky me, my friend Rachel Heward still drove up from Queen Creek to visit with us. It was so fun to catch up with my friends and spend time with them. They're pretty amazing. I also took some time to drive through our old stomping grounds. It was fun memory time.
Wednesday I headed to the airport to pick up the Higginsons so the wedding fun could start. I love hanging out with family...well OK so they're not technically my family, but they should be! And I'm so glad they think so too:) After spending time hanging out at Cindy's (mom#3) house the"sisters" went to start all the bridal shower fun. Yummy food (even if the waitress got grumpy when she found out this bridal party wasn't going to keep the cocktails comin'), a great suite at the villas in Scottsdale, and --dare I say it---sexy gifts, made for a great bridal shower night. The bride to be with her sisters.

The rest of the week was great too. It was amazingly wonderful to be able to be there with April as she went through the temple for the first time. Just being there with the people who are largely responsible for me being there was also amazing. The wedding/reception on Friday was perfect too--well, except for waiting outside while all the photos were being taken. Getting married in Mesa in July may be not ideal....I guess it's just as bad as getting married in SLC in December (ya, i got plenty of criticism for that too April) I don't think the happy couple were bothered to much by the heat. They look happy don't they? Oh and Brian, WELCOME to the family! You are a perfect match for my little "sister" April!Kimberly and Lindy---a friendship 25 years in the making is one worth holding onto...and people told us that when we roomed together at BYU it was a sure way to end our friendship... and what a plus for me that she married my other best friend..my other 2nd family..ya i'll take some credit for that..they did meet at my house:) Not sure how Kimberly kept her curls. The heat made my hair go flat in about 30 seconds...Guess I should have worn heels too:)

All in all it was a fun filled five days. A chance for me to reconnect with some of the "gold" friends that I have. Also, a great chance for me to relax and gear up for the approaching storms at home..but that's another post...

2 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Looks like a great time. Too bad we missed you in SLC while you were there.

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Lindy, it wouldn't have been the same without you there. Thanks for coming out here, being in the temple with us, the girls night of fun, the yummy sweet cakes food, and being a big sis from different parents and a million other things! You rock girl. :)