This is Tyler's second year at Eastmont and he has all but one class with his good friend James. He was ready and excited to get back to school. Ready to see his friends on a daily basis and ready to not be a "sevie" anymore. He is looking forward to being in early morning jazz band this year with some of his good friends too.
Nathan's first day of 3rd grade August 24th Summit Academy Mrs. Crouch's class
Nathan wasn't quite as excited about starting school this year. He was glad to not be starting at a new school though---a first for him..ya this poor kid has already been to 4 different elementary schools. I think we finally found the perfect fit though. He was a bit nervous because there's a "playground" rumor that 3rd grade is the hardest grade at Summit...well that's a teacher rumor too. Luckily, he got the best teacher and is really liking the school year so far. He will be our busy one this fall with an art class, piano lessons, cub scouts, soccer, and even an after school Lego robotics class. Hummmm, might get a bit crazy, but after a lazy summer he's ready for it.
So yes, he is having a great time. That doesn't help me much though. I still miss him. I miss him coming home from school everyday happy and singing. I miss him falling down the stairs because he insists taking them three at a time. But mostly, I miss him when I have to see the empty chair at the dinner table. Many times we have set the table for six only to have to but the dishes back in the cupboard. I miss him even though he is only an hour away because I know it will never be the same again. I know it's right, and I know it's good. I'm excited for all the fun experiences he will have, but I miss him here..his influence and smile. It is such a bitter sweet thing to have one of my hatchlings fly away.
PS. Miranda's photo is not here because she has not had a "first day of school" yet--well not a more than a class or two--more on all of that later.
3 comments:
I lived in heritage halls too - brings back great memories...can't believe you have a college kid! Weren't we just at BYU yesterday?:)
Oh, that picture of Heritage Halls brings back a lot of fond memories. Boy does the time fly.
very well said. bittersweet indeed.
Post a Comment