Thursday, April 5, 2012

Some funnies

Today Nathan said some funny things that I felt just had to be recorded.  Being a mom, I know I forget all the cute things and wish I hadn't.  So, if I at least make a post of it, I know it will be recorded somewhere. 

Actually, I will start with a joke Nathan made up a month or so ago.  It was well after bedtime and the kids were playing that game to see how many excuses they could find to come back downstairs. Nathan came down to tell us he had just made up a great joke.  As it turns out, it was a pretty good joke.

What did the cat do when he lied on the bed?
(Sorry you will have to wait until the end of the post to get the answer)

Anyway, back to today.  Most of you know I tend to call my kids silly names.  One of my favorites is calling them my chickens---yes yes the whole raising hatchlings could have given that one away-- So, here's what happened today.

Me: "Chickens you'd better hurry to get your chores done!"
Nathan: " mom, you really need to stop calling us chickens."
Me: (a little sad that my youngest has now gotten to the point where he doesn't approve of my pet names for them) "Why?"
Nathan: "because I'm NOT a chicken...I'm a rooster.  (with an "you're an idiot" look on his face) Chickens are GIRLS!
hehehehehe I love it:)

Later, as we are in the car driving to grandma and grandpas house for a dinner of pizza and soda (after getting finished swimming with a friend and meeting the cousins for ice cream and bowling at BYU--see I'm not sleeping ALL the time!)

Nathan: "My favorite pizza is Papa Johns. I really like Papa Murphy's too.  They are both my favorite.  Funny that they both have papa in their names---(thinks for a bit) Maybe I like them the best because I have the best Papa (that's what the kids call my dad)"
Me: "Yep, I'm pretty sure that's why."

OK and now back to the joke....
"What did the cat do when he lied on the bed?"  

(now if you are like me, I kind of cringed when he said that)

"the cat said" tuna?  What tuna?  I didn't eat the tuna!"

(now I'm glad I didn't correct him)
Leave it to a Hatch to be making up grammar jokes when they are 9! hahahaha what a funny kid! I sure love him! 

No comments: