Sunday, May 27, 2012

The bitter and the sweet

So it's been a week filled with the bitter and the sweet.....

SWEET
Jordan High's choir concert.  They are truly amazing.  Miranda did great.  She's beautiful! She sang in three different groups including her first performance with next year's Madrigals.  I recorded her solo, but I think she'd kill me if I post it, so I won't.

BITTER
We lost our sweet Shadow cat. She got out Thursday night without us realizing it and we haven't seen her since. Yes, she is the crazy one, the one that won't let the kids touch her, but we are still a bit heart broken and hoping for a miracle return.  Her brother has been quite forlorn all week.

SWEET
Tyler's amazing band concert. He played in his two jazz bands and his concert band.  They did great.  Our seats were in a bad spot to get good photos, but you can tell he looked the part. He really likes playing tenor sax. 

BITTER
OK so this is a selfish bitter.  Exciting for some.  Matt's sister Paula announced to the family this week that her husband Miku has accepted a new job in High Wycombe England.  From what they said, it's pretty close to London.  They will be leaving Iowa in just a few weeks.  Sadly, they won't have time to come say goodbye to all of us before they go.  My cute Levi will no longer just be across the US from me, but across the ocean!!! Oh I will miss seeing those four cute kids!  However I know it will be an amazing experience for them and they will be a lot closer to Miku's family.  I guess I just better start saving money to go see them!

SWEET
Even though we still have a week and a half left of school (ok so that's a bit bitter), we have started to map out our summer plans. Plans include a 20th anniversary trip to San Diego for Matt and me, a family trip to Yellowstone, a trip to ABQ, summer camps, lots of swimming, and lots of fun using our pass to summer fun!  We did our first pass activity yesterday going to Trafalga.  We did the XD theater and some mini golf-great for a rainy day.  With unlimited entry to the water parks and fun centers, I don't think we'll get too bored this summer.  Lucky for us, we paid quite a bit less for our passes than this advertisement.  We figure we just have to go one more time to come out ahead with our passes.  If you live in the area I highly recommend them:) Now we are just anxiously waiting for the summer  to offically begin!

No comments: