Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Albuquerque

On July 18th Nathan and I flew to Albuquerque using some buddy passes our friends let us use....Thanks Proctors!  Tyler was at EFY, Miranda and Matt were busy working, so that left me and my trusty side-kick Nathan time to hang out in Albuquerque for a few weeks.  We really enjoyed going there when we had time to relax, play, and visit....ya we didn't get as much work done as I had hoped. Sorry mom and dad.  I did however have a bit of time to spend with some cherished high school friends.  
Me, Jerry, and Elizabeth--oh how I wish I lived closer to that girl!
Me and Mara--she came with me on my first blind date with Matt

 We, of course, got to spend a lot of time with family.  We drove up to Fenton Lake for a picnic.
 Bret took us to the shooting range.  I shot my first hand gun.....not sure I liked it.  
 On the next round, Nathan got a bulls eye.  He did great and enjoyed it maybe a bit too much.
 We had some great family dinners.

Mom, my brother Bret, his son Brian, and my sister-in-law Debbie
We also went to some museums.
On top of all that we went swimming, shopping, played games, watched some Olympics, and just spent a lot of time chatting.  Nathan even got to go fishing with all the boys.  Oh, and I also got to meet Jacob's mission president and his wife..no picture of that though.  We had a great time.  I'm so thankful that Nathan had this time to just hang out with his Grammy and Papa.  We think the others missed out!

No comments: