Well, it's the 13th of January and I seem to still be on track with new year plans. I was happily surprised this week while taking time to read the last General Conference report that there were several talks that went along with my motto for this year. Sure I listened to them at the time, but I had not yet gone back and read them--that's always when the lessons seem to sink in more fully. I thought I might highlight a few great quotes just so I can have them here for my (and possibly your) motivation.
From Elder Wirthlin's last talk "Come what may, and love it":
" Then next time you are tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable."
I really liked this talk. We need to enjoy what comes our way no matter what it is and know that we will be compensated for our trials. I think practicing "come what may, and love it" goes hand in hand with "live and let live".
From President Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey":
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
I LOVE that quote! I now have it posted on my wall next to this year's motto.
He stated my motto so well too,
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."
2 comments:
That is a great motto! It really does encopass a lot. No wonder you're shredding like mad!
I don't like resolutions either because I feel like I already do about as much as I can, so resolutions just stress me out. But I have been working on thinking of a motto, something to just repeat in my mind to stay focused.
My Mom loves and lives by a little book called _The Prayer of Jabez_ who is someon from the Old Testament. The part of his prayer that I remember is "enlarge my territory," meaning give me more to do and love and contribute to.
I'll have to lend you the book.
Those are really great quotes. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment