I really feel that the powers that be have something against my theme for the year. Some how my plans keep getting
thwarted...either by illness or business, but
I'm still trying. I've still got my head cold----can't seem to shake it, but I will still write this update today. I must, so I will. We've had a lot of fun (and crazy) things going on here lately.
So I guess I will start with the crazy first. Chicken Pox! Yep. Last Thursday we realized our two youngest--the ones who have been immunized--had Chicken Pox. Neither one had more than 10 pox and they just didn't understand why all the weekend plans had to be changed...or rather cancelled. Of course they both had gone to school that day so who knows how many other kids we have now exposed. How did they get exposed? Easy. Two weeks ago Jacob --yes the one with a weak immune system--had shingles. Where he picked that up form who knows.
Now speaking of Jacob, on Wednesday he flew to Seattle for his first school trip. Jordan
High's highest band,
orchestra, and
choir all got to hang out for 4 days together. He had a great time.
Jaocb loves Seattle. Here he is at the top of the Space Needle. He said it was freezing. The whole weekend went well except he found out that dancing to "YMCA" can be dangerous.

While Jacob was in Seattle and Matt was home with the two younger boys and their Chicken Pox,
Miranda and I were enjoying a fun weekend getaway up in
Boise. We stood in line for 4 hours. About 15 minutes before they let us into the building it started pouring down rain/slush. We got drenched! It was crazy...they wouldn't even open the doors early for us. My pants and shoes were still wet the next morning. I'm blaming my head cold on that. Oh the things we do for our kids. But Miranda thinks it was worth it. We got an amazing spot at the concert. It was a very small venue--standing room only. We were about 25 feet away from David on a top step of a new level--dead center and eye level with David. Miranda has a few videos on her phone, but I'm too lazy to get them off. These phone pictures will just have to do.


I also got to be an usher in the Draper temple for two dedication sessions on Friday. It was an AMAZING experience. Words can not do it justice. We are so thankful to live next to these beautiful temples.
So, that was our weekend excitement. Then we came home to a week full of snow--it actually looked like a blizzard going to church today---and more illness. I am very ready for spring.
6 comments:
ugh! so sorry about the illness! I know--the weather here has been crazy! But ushering for the dedication..and seeing David? Fun stuff!
I have to know about the dangerous YMCA...! Glad he had a fun time!
I STILL cannot stop laughing when i think about YMCA ceiling tile experience on on dinner cruise! That was hilarious!
Hang in there Lindy. Before you know it you'll be running the air conditioner. Love you RaeAnn
You are a great mom. I'd have just left the line and told the kids we'd catch David on youtube. Ha!
You always have the most interesting blog posts. Sounds like you have had a busy life. Love reading your blog.
Post a Comment