Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well....Hello...

OK so I really let the ball drop on this one. First it was the head cold, then it was trying to catch up on everything I got behind on while I was sick, and then i guess it was just laziness (or the fact that I have a crazy busy life!). Anyway.... I'm back. Back to writing blog entries and back to blog stalking all of you. So you might ask...what would I have written about in the last 18 days that I didn't? Well, i might have written about....

*getting to visit with Kimberly who was in town for one brief appearance
*going on a first ever double date with our good friends Mark and Angela (could it really have been our first double date......we've only been following each other around for 16 or so years...dang kids!)
*getting to go to the Draper Temple open house
*Matt and kids having a ski day and Tyler passing Matt up to officially becoming the best skier in the family
* watching two of the neighbors kids (ages 2 and 11) while they spent the weekend in Vegas...their first getaway in 7 years. Toddlers can be time consuming.
*Jacob starting his first job...working for "The Cruise Lady"
* Yet again...another snow storm. But luckily I can see buds forming on my Aspen trees. Maybe there is hope for spring yet....at this time of year we really being to wonder. I tuck myself into warm flannels at night and dream of fresh orange juice and the smell of orange blossoms....oh how I miss Mesa in March!
*gettting new cell phones. Now Matt and I can finally text. Matt's feeing cool with a new Blackberry (but now he has to learn how to use it). More importantly, Miranda will no longer be the lone teenager at her school without a cell phone or texting capabilities.

So I guess that's about it...except for the millions of daily things that I didn't mention. But that would have you snoozing in no time. But rest assured I am trying to live. Trying to find happiness in the simple fleeting moments...not always succeeding, but still trying.

7 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Yay! A Hatch update. I was suffering serious withdrawal.

Audrey said...

Lindy,
It's good to hear what's goingon at your house. What exactly is Jacob's new job? I was also wondering, where did you get that quote from Sister Hinckley? I really like it...

Janice {Run Far} said...

awww. yes..... loving the quote as well.

Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Cox Clan said...

So glad to hear from you. I too have had a couple weeks of no blogging, but back into it. I love catching up with loved ones. Have a great week.

Jenn

The Hurst Family said...

Glad to have you back. Hope to see you soon. Love you guys. RaeAnn

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Wow you just got texting. Welcome to the current times. You funny goose. I'm glad you got to see my sister. She always has such a good time out there. You always have such entertaining blogs posts.

Stacey said...

Welcome back to blog-world! Missed your updates!