I am still a bit in denial. School has started even though I wasn't ready. Summer was just too short this year. I did not get enough play time in. And, this waking up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) is for the birds. Yesterday was the big kids first day and all seemed to go well. Nathan started school today. I am sure he is having a better day than me. He was quite excited. At one point this morning when we were getting ready he turned to me and said "mom what are you going to do with out me all day? I think you need to get a new kitty to keep you company". I think I agree with him. This will be a strange change...not having kids home, having the whole day to myself, transitioning into a new phase of life. It's weird. This is a day that, as a stay-at-home mom, you look forward to for so many years. It's crazy to think that I have finally arrived. I'm not sure it's as sweet as I had once pictured. I guess it's just another one of those crazy sweet and sour things in life. I have a lot to keep myself busy with this school year. I will be the PTA Treasurer at the elementary and at the Middle school, and I will be a substitute teacher. So, I will be able to fill in my time without kids quite well. But for today (and probably the next few) I will be missing my buddy Nate:)

3 comments:
Aww, Lindy-- it is hard to have your littlest be gone all day. Trust me, you will get used to having some "me" time, as well. I love the picture of Nathan sound asleep. First grade wears a guy out! Cole is so excited to have his buddy in his class!
11th grade? No way! Can't believe it! AND no one left at home either!? That is a double whammy! How can we slooooowwww time down?:)
If you're doing PTA treasury and substitute teaching, I have a feeling you'll keep yourself quite busy. But I know what you mean. I have two hours a day to myself and I still get a little bit lonely.
Post a Comment