Monday, May 17, 2010

The Sound of Music

We have all had music on the brains lately. It's that time of year again. The school year is winding down. I always wonder which month is busier December or May. It's a toss up. The next two weeks are filled with band and symphony concerts, school musicals, choir concerts, etc. Not to mention the field trips, parties, soccer games, hikes, scout camp outs, etc. Jacob had a great solo in his jazz band concert last week and I can't get it to play with sound on the computer..so I guess I can't post it...oh well.
So, like I was saying, we all have music on the brain. Isn't is amazing the power music can have? The emotions it can stir. It has the power to make you happy, sad, angry, uplifted, crazy, hyper. The memories it can instantly bring to the top. The power of music often boggles me. How can I not remember more than one or two things from my high school history class, but I remember the words to 100's of songs from that same period...even the words to songs I really didn't like? I think my taste in music is very eclectic. There are only a few types I don't like. It's also fun how when different people come into your life they can bring different music into your life too. When asked the question "what is your favorite song?", I hardly know what to answer. It really depends on what mood I am in. At any given moment it could be a rock song, a classical, a country, an alternative, an easy listening, or even a hymn. Who's to say what my favorite song is. I do admit though, there is a special spot in my heart for 80's alternative--Ya Jer, all that "woop-cha" music. I really love that. So, to end all my ramblings I leave you with a few choice songs to bring a smile to your face....well maybe...











3 comments:

Stacey said...

Some of my favorites!!! I agree, music can change the moment, or take you back to a moment. I love all types of music, as well, but think country will always be my first choice...it is what I grew up with. LOVE "Beer for my Horses"!

Emily said...

I love that you included Alphaville in the mix, and that Coldplay song is one of my favorites. It's amazing that years after a song can remind you of certain people. Music truly is powerful!

www.fourspuds.com said...

Lindy, I remember when that album came out me and my friends drove all the way up to Crossroads Mall in SLC to buy it and then drove back down to Orem and asked the D.J. to play that song at a Stake Dance that night. Lol. Memories...