**Our new car....
is quite the lemon. It has been in the shop over and over. Not good for the checkbook...really not good...**The For Sale sign....
in my neighbor's yard. I've been trying to avoid it,but I had to go past it a few times this week.**Utah doesn't know what spring is......

This is what most of last week looked like. Today was a little sunny..thus my ability to de-funk a bit. Tomorrow, more snow, more cold.......

This is what most of last week looked like. Today was a little sunny..thus my ability to de-funk a bit. Tomorrow, more snow, more cold.......Those are my excesses...however lame they might be.
But now, I have a funny story to tell.
The last few nights Tyler has been working on his final book report. They were required to make a pop-up book for this one. So, there has been much cutting of paper around here. The finished product was pretty good and he was excited to present it to the class today. Flash forward to the end of school. When I met Tyler outside the school he quickly melted down telling me he couldn't find his book report when it was time to present. His teacher docked him several points and told him to bring it tomorrow. Tyler whaled that he knows he put it in his backpack. I confirm that, yes, I saw him put it there too. Sometime during Tyler's emotional out pour Nathan arrived at our side. With half my brain, as I consoled Tyler, I heard Nathan say "He said I could have it..." About the second or third time he said that, it clicked. What?
"Nathan, did you take Tyler's homework?"
"Well, he said I could have it."
"Well, he said I could have it."
Obviously Tyler meant AFTER he had turned it in and received a grade, but Nathan apparently thought --Hey, my brother is taking that cool pop-up book that he said I could have to school--no way I will ever get it back if he does that. So, I guess at some point after mom did the backpack check and the carpool picking the boys up, Nathan retrieved the book from the backpack and placed it under his bed with his "special" things.
The mystery solved.
With a quick trip back to explain things to the 6th grade teacher, Tyler's grade was salvaged. I'm guessing she hasn't heard that excuse before..."My brother took my homework"....it's almost as reliable as "The dog ate my homework". But then, the dog never ends up doing your dinner chores for the rest of the week.
Maybe by tomorrow Nathan and Tyler will see the humor in this like I do:)
6 comments:
That story is too funny! Gotta love kids and the amazing way their brains--and worlds--work! I am so sorry your van is a lemon. Aren't Hondas supposed to last forever? Our is at nearly 180k miles and still going strong KNOCK ON WOOD!
poor tyler! So sorry to hear about your van--that's not fair! Seriously, Lindy, the spring has been the worst!!
At least he sort of had permission. Aaron got a box full of symphony bars from his piano teacher when he completed a book and the girls stole his entire stash and ate them while he was at school. There was some chore doing at our house too.
Maybe we can put your weather and our weather together and get nice Hawaii weather. Deal!!! It is SO freakin hot here. You just can't win can you? Either blistering hot or blistering cold.
I love it!! Boys/Brother stories crack me up! Who lives next to you that is moving?? Change is always so hard. Hopefully, Spring will arrive in the next little while. I am so tired of cold weather too!!
That is still the funniest thing!!! Poor Tyler... I'm sure he'll find a way to re-pay Nathan one of these days! :)
Post a Comment