Last Wednesday my parents arrived for a fun filled visit with the grand kids. We have been doing a lot of playing. Thursday was my dad's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! We waited until the weekend to celebrate though. On Saturday we went out to Leatherby's. YUM-O! Always a hit for us!

Believe it or not Papa really finished all that ice cream.....the kids mostly did too. After Leatherby's half of us headed out to Kennecot Copper Mine. A few months ago Nathan checked out a Genius World Record book from the library....He loves those books. Well, in the middle of checking this one out he just had to show me a picture of this amazing mine.."You can see it form space!" I chuckled and asked him if he knew where it was. After reading a bit further on he looked up in amazement and said "It says Salt Lake City!" We walked out the door, down to the corner and I showed him our view of the copper mine. He was glad to finally know how those big dirt piles got over there. Well, ever since then he's been wanting to visit the mines and actually, visit them with grammy and papa. So, that's what we did.
Nathan was sufficiently impressed....even if it did rain and snow on us. If you live close by, I would highly recommend a visit. Just $5/carload. Lots of big machines and pretty rocks. Their museum is pretty good and, of course, they have a gift shop. Nathan added a few more "precious" rocks to his collection this weekend.
1 comment:
I have always wanted to go to the mine. You would think that living here all my life, I would have gone there sometime. Your post inspired me to go this summer. I know that Lucas would LOVE it!
Post a Comment