Friday, June 4, 2010

Going out in style!

Yesterday was Tyler's last day of elementary school. 6th grade is over. He was pretty excited, but a little sad because the friends from his school are going to several different middle schools. With this in mind, the parent of one of Tyler's friends came up with an amazing plan for them to "go out in style". All kept "top secret" of course. It was hard not to laugh or smile as Tyler was getting upset the night before because mom wasn't letting him make grand after school plans on the last day of school. I was filled with a lot of maybe's and possibly's,but I wouldn't really commit to anything. Finally I gave in and told him he could have two boys from his class come home with him...just to stop the tears:) After school I met the boys in front of the school. We let them hang out for a bit and take photos. They were all a bit hyped.
As we were all snapping photos, it never dawned on the kids that there were a lot of parents hanging around. I thought it was funny that Tyler never even picked up on the fact that the parents of the two boys that were coming home with us were there. Even some dads were there. And that all the parents had cameras. Nothing to take note of....And then Tyler spotted something down the street. I love that my friend Stacey caught this photo--Thanks Stacey! It was the exact moment when Tyler yells "Look! There's a hummer limo!" Little did they know.......They were all quite excited as the hummer limo (or, as it was soon affectionately known as, "the Himo") pulled up in front of the school. They stood by it and took photos, and wondered why it was there. Then, as they started to realize it was for them, when mom's started to ask if they wanted to ride in it, their faces were priceless. Tyler started to tear up...this time tears of amazement and happiness, all of the sudden realizing why mom was so wishy-washy the night before. So, Tyler and 15 (I think 15) of his 6th grade buddies, after eating the pizza we, again magically, pulled out for them, got to ride in a limo to Hollywood Connection, hang out and play there for a few hours and then take the limo back home again. You can see several of them were in shock for a bit. They were amazed it was really for them. Now that's what I call "going out in style"! Needless to say, Tyler had a great last day of school:)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Like!

Audrey said...

Wow! That's really awesome!

Janice {Run Far} said...

nice.... what cool parents these little tikes must have. ;)

angela michelle said...

wow lindy--way to go above and beyond.