Friday, August 22, 2008

Rocker Girl



Part of our back to school shopping included buying Miranda a guitar. She, of course, picked out a very girly one. It fits her perfectly. She's going to be taking a guitar class this first semester. She's quite excited to start learning how to play it. Matt will also be getting a guitar this year. He'll get to start playing if he ever gets his cast off.
As far as getting everything and everybody else ready for school, things are moving right along. Last week just after we got back from DC I took Jacob and the Walter boys out school shopping. They didn't take quite as long as the girls did. It was fun to see that the older boys--the ones starting high school especially--were caring about how they looked in those clothes and caring about the style too. It just put tears in my eyes...these boys are growing up fast!

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

Wait--what did I miss with Matt? A cast? Miranda's guitar looks super cool.

Lindy said...

Look in July's archives for "The Joys of Trail Running". I'm not sure how to make a word a link to a past posting. I know you do it so you need to show me how. Sadly he thought the cast would only be on for 3 weeks. When he went back in after three weeks he asked better questions only to find out it will be at least 3 months not just 3 weeks.....adult's bones don't heal as quickly as kid's do