The boys didn't believe us when we said we'd be shopping for 12 hours...how silly! Yesterday we opened up stores (had to wait a few minutes for the employee of Whimsy to open the door) and shopped until they closed (we walked out of ShopKo about 2 minutes before closing). What a day! Two 13 year old girls with money in their pockets can really shop ALL day. Don't they just look beautiful in these lovely glasses? Luckily, the glasses stayed safe at the store.
This is what most of the day looked like to me. Waiting in the dressing room to give my "Wow", "Looks great", "No way", 'Too tight", "definitely worth it", "nah" comments. The girls did great though. They looked hard for bargains and were able find a lot of great deals...like getting designer $45 jeans for $5. Way to shop!!
We didn't just shop though. Of course we had to throw in eating out. A trip to Olive Garden helped us gain back a few of the calories we had burned off walking around all those stores.
And what's a day of shopping with the girls without going and rewarding our feet for all the hard work they do with a nice pedicure. Some pretty toes! (and yes, I do have two feet, I guess the other one was just shy, but amazingly it looks just like this one pictured here).
So twelve and a half hours later we made it back home loaded down with our goodies. It was a successful back-to-school shopping trip. These girls are now officially ready to start the 8th grade...with a few weeks to spare. Thanks goes out to Grandma Hatch for watching the boys back at home for the day. Now I guess it's time for me to start getting ready for our BIG trip (we are flying all 6 of us out to Washington, DC for 10 days!). We leave early Saturday morning (yes, that's tomorrow!!!) and I haven't started to pack yet...eeeekkkkkk! So I won't be able to post while I am gone. Expect a long post-trip update when we return.
1 comment:
Looks like fun to me! Can't wait for Kenna (my one & only girl too) to reach that fun age where she loves to shop! Have fun in DC! What a great place to go for 10 days! I love it there!
Post a Comment