Jacob getting ready to leave for his first day of high school (10th grade). It was harder than I thought it would be to send him off. As I watched him walk down to the bus stop I really could just see my little 5 year old Jacob walking down the street---with the bowl haircut and all. How do they grow up so fast? It's hard sending them out to the real world and I know that just a few more of those strings holding him to home were cut today, as they should, but it makes me worried. Did I prepare him well enough? Will he make the right choices? Will he find happiness? I can't imagine what it will be like in just a few years when we send him off on a mission....
Tyler the cool 5th grader...ready to take on the world.
Nathan was a bit sad to wake up and find everyone had left him home. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't go to school yet...after all he's been the one most excited to start. Luckily he has a few friends in the same boat and was able to spend a good part of the day hanging out with one of them.
There has been lots of ash and smoke and, sadly, wind. Hopefully they will get it under control tomorrow. Matt's sad. That area was one of his favorite running spots.
2 comments:
Haven't heard about the fire. Hope all is well. It was sure close to your house.
Okay, Tyler CANNOT be in 5th grade!
I'm glad I'll be able to watch you send Jacob off. I'm stressed out about Roscoe already. We really like him! We want him to stay!
Post a Comment