Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer's Last Hurrah


Summer's last hurrah...spending the weekend boating at Bear Lake. Lucky for us, Steve Walter invited us to spend the last days of summer with him and his kids at the cabin in Bear Lake. It was just the perfect way to say goodbye to summertime. It was beautiful weather on Saturday..great for boating and perfect for playing on the beach. We got to do a lot of both.



Even the teenage boys had fun building sand forts and the girls...just played in the mud.

Nathan never really wanted to go out on the tube this time, but he loved riding in the boat--especially when Steve made it go fast.
We spent most of the day on the lake and then went back to the cabin and crashed. We were all so wiped out we didn't even have the energy for 4-wheelers. We just ate, watched Olympics, and played games. Definitely a great way to end summer.
So here I sit. Kids are finally all tucked in bed, clothes and backpacks laid out, and we are ready for school to start in the morning--well, for everyone but the kindergartner. The first one has to walk out the door at 6:30am. It will be a crazy school year. I will have four kids in four different schools...with four different start and finish times...not to mention helping out in two different elementary classrooms, and being the PTSA Treasurer at the middle school. It's looking like this year when all my kids are in school (you know that day you dream about when they were all younger?) will not be quite the year of freedom that I had once hoped for. I guess I will have to wait for Nathan's first grade year, when he's in school all day for the real freedom to begin.



2 comments:

angela michelle said...

I guess we're learning what they say: that older kids really aren't less work, they're just different work. You're definitely going to stay busy!

Terri said...

What a beautiful place to visit. Everyone looks like they were having so much fun. You will have a little more time with school starting. I know the sad/excited feelings associated with that!