Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Remembered

Today I am thinking about my childhood Christmas memories. You know, I think I love Christmas so much because of the great time I had with it growing up. My parents loved Christmas and they always made it a grand time of year for us. Here are a few photos of me at Christmas. My parents still have most of the good pictures though.

At Christmastime in the Sant house everything came down and Christmas went up. Every room in the house became Christmas infused. My mom would always make lots and lots of goodies. Early in my teenage years my parents started putting together a miniature Christmas village. That village now takes up a whole room in their house. All the neighbors want to come and see it and the grandkids love it. I wish I had a photo of it, but I don't. I need to get one.

My brother Bret and me (yes, I'm the one in the nightgown).

On Christmas Eve we would go see the luminarios downtown and look at all the neat lit up houses around town. We would eat yummy food and do a gag gift exchange with extended family. Christmas morning we would wake up to find that Santa had indeed eaten his cookies and had refilled all the candy jars in the house. I never remember there being a Christmas that I didn't get the items on my list. And I quite often a lot more too! My parents always went out of their way to make sure we all had a great Christmas even when a crazy life swirled around us. So, thanks mom and dad for the wonderful memories and the love and sacrifice you offered to always make it such a grand time of year for us.

4 comments:

Campbell Clan said...

I love the Lite Brite! That was one of my favorite toys when I was little. We really do need to get together sometime. Maybe in January or February after the holidays and things have slowed down. You guys know that Kacee got her mission call, right? She is going to Orlando, FL. I think that she leaves the beginning of March.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my heck, those pictures are priceless.

When I think about Christmas as a kid, it is hard to not think of all those Hatches. We spent many Holidays together.

Stacey said...

I love your Christmas memories blog. It is amazing that it wasn't just yesterday that we were little... seems like it. I had to catch up with your family since we've been gone a few days. I'm going to blog on the cruise tonight, but first I have to look through the 1000 pictures that we took. Talk soon!

angela michelle said...

Oh my do your children look like you! I can't believe Jacob has his license--although we're having our 16th anniversary this week so I guess it makes sense.