Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Of Triumphs and Trials: an addendum to the Christmas card

2008 was a pretty good year for our family and luckily our triumphs far out weighed our trials. This year we were able to go on some fun vacations. We spent spring break visiting Arches and Goblin Valley. We went on our big vacation to Washington DC. We went to Albuquerque for Lindy's 20th high school reunion. We also got to spend a few weekends with the Walter family in Bear Lake. On top of these fun vacations we have also had a lot of fun just exploring our own neck of the woods.
Personal highlights for 2008:
*Ran the Boston Marathon in April with his sister and cousin.
*Summited 5 peaks, King's Peak, Mt. Whitney, Sugarloaf, Timpanogos, Pfeifferhorn

*Found the true joy in running.
*Turned 40!
*Scrapbooked with Deron Williams (Utah Jazz player)
*started blogging!
*Went to 20th high school reunion
*Became the girls camp director
Jacob:
*Hiked the Narrows with his scout troop
*Had a fun ambulance ride
*Turned 16 and started driving and started high school
*Played trombone like a mad man
*started wearing contacts
*turned 13

*Met the American Idols
*Started playing the guitar
*Summitted Sugarloaf and Mt. Timponogus
*became the best skier int he family
*Started playing the trombone

*made it to the district level with his science fair project about "Smarties"
*turned 5
*Started Kindergarten
*Has found a love for reading
*became a hiker

So, 2008 has been a pretty good year for the Hatch Family. We are glad gas prices have finally fallen--especially now that we have 3 drivers. We hope all of you are doing well. Check up on us when you want!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

what a great post. I love reading your blog BTW....

I truly enjoyed running the Boston Marathon with Matt and Laura this year. I wish I had felt better. I am aiming for another quailfying time so I can redeem myself.... Matt are you in? J/K

The Hurst Family said...

Lindy,
I loved your post. It inspired me to do a similar one for the end of the year. Maybe over Christmas break. We love your family even if it's cyber love. RaeAnn