Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nathan's six!!

On Tuesday my sweet Nathan turned six. Crazy I know ! He wanted to have his friend party ON his birthday--'cause that's when you are suppose to have it he told us. So, we celebrated his birthday with family and cousins on during halftime on Superbowl Sunday and then had a "Space" party Tuesday night. There were 8 little boys from the neighborhood and school.

We had a grand time going on a galaxy quest, tossing rings around Saturn, playing musical planets and, of course, making our own rockets. Nathan scored in the gift department. It was like Christmas all over again.


It was quite funny earlier in the day when Nathan was getting ready for school he was being silly and made a strange loud sound, then he stopped all of a sudden and looking amazed said "mom, my 6 year old talents are coming in...I couldn't do that when I was 5!" It was so funny. He has been so excited for his birthday..making us count down the days. So it finally came and now the lucky boy is six.


I love my little Nathan. I can hardly believe my caboose is 6. He has been such a good pal to have around. He has been my side kick for so many years. It will be hard to let him go to all day school next year. I will miss him. So, here's what I love about Nate. He is a pretty friendly kid and not very shy. He is creative too. And, like his siblings, is so smart. He can already read quite well. As soon as he got through some of the basics, he took off with reading and now there's no stopping him. He loves to do math too. Right now he is really into playing with Hot Wheels. Anything to do with cars is cool. He loves to follow his older brothers around (much to their grief sometimes). He also loves spending time with his dad. He would tag alongside Matt 24 hours a day if possible. We are so lucky to have Nathan in our family. He is such a lovable "Nater Bug"!

7 comments:

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

I can't believe he is 6. I remember when he was just a baby squirt. He is so freakin cute. Sounds like a fun birthday. OH and yes I will send you and invite to my wedding. It will probably be January 9th. I hope you can make it but I understand you have little ones.

Jan T. said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan! Can't believe your baby is 6! Love the rocket cake! Super cool!:)

Julie Smith said...

I have made that same cake for Chad's birthday when he was about Nathan's age. I bet you got the recipe from the Pampered Chef book. Happy Birthday Nathan!

Kimberly said...

He is one of the cutest kids ever. And Lindy you are looking especially beautiful; I've noticed in the past couple of pictures of you that you have posted.

Anonymous said...

What a party! Lindy, our baby is 6 and we're getting old. I'm so glad we had our little caboose.

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! What a cutie!

Lydia said...

Remembr when it was exciting to have a birthday and get older? I'm glad Nathan had a good birthday.