Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sisters by Chance, Friends by Choice

Last weekend I had the fun opportunity to go on a girls retreat with 6 of my sister-in-laws. There were 4 of the 6 sisters and 3 of the 4 sister in laws. We did miss those that couldn't come, hopefully they can come next time. Early Friday we left and drove down to St George to play for the rest of the weekend. We had such a grand time pampering ourselves. We stayed in a bed and breakfast that was wonderful! We had this "cottage" all to ourselves. It felt quite Jane Austenish. We were served delicious breakfasts, yummy and elegant and no children to help feed.

We spent time making crafts (no, those are not chocolate bars....although we probably ate that much chocolate!), watching movies, eating yummy food, and, of course, talking and telling grand stories. We watched four movies (one at the theater) in a 48hr span.....aaahhhh when does that happen with kids around? It doesn't.

After breakfast on Saturday we went on a hike in Snow Canyon. The weather was just right...a little nippy, but wonderful when you were hiking. We had fun posing for photos and testing the camera timers.
Later on Saturday all went and got our nails and hair done. It was a pretty funny experience getting them done at the local beauty school---I'm guessing there will be a few "beauty-school drop outs" before long. Don't we all look so "curly"? And yes, the Hatches are on the shorter side. I should've told Esther (back row---we are just about the same height) about my sitting down trick. It helps to not make you look so tall.
Things, of course, got a little silly after hours. Here are a few of those disco dancin' queens--a couple of them pregnant too.
What an amazing weekend. And so fun! I dearly love my sisters---since I don't have any blood sisters they're what I've got. And I am sure glad that I do! They are amazing. I feel very lucky to be a part of the Hatch family. It's such a blessing that we all get along so well. Lucky too that my brother-in-law Miku decided to plan this as a birthday gift for his wife Paula. It was a gift we all loved. I came home rejuvinated and happy to be with the kids again. (and that lasted at least until bedtime Sunday night..)

9 comments:

josie said...

What a great weekend that was! Every time I glance at those cute blocks on my mantle I smile and think of our awesome weekend. The crafts you brought were amazing! We really are lucky that we are all such good friends.

Julie Smith said...

Ooh! I want to be a Hatch sister-in-law. Happy Birthday Paula!

Janice {Run Far} said...

oh.... I love it. We have been having a sister retreat for 8 years every summer and it is so much fun. Sounds like you all had just as much fun. Sometime we need to get brave and have all the cousins together somewhere really big, like maybe if Lydia could get her bosses cabin again. It's huge.

Audrey said...

I love your post! That really was the awesomest weekend!

Stacey said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Jan T. said...

Great pictures! Love the curly hair! I need a retreat like that!

Lydia said...

That is so great that you all were able to get together. Our sister weekend is my favortie trip of the year.

Cox Clan said...

Sounds like a bit of heaven. It makes me long for the Horsley Girl's weekend. I am so glad you had such a good time. What a blessing to get along with your sister-in-laws. It makes life wonderful.

easleyfamily said...

Looks like so much fun...I want in next time :) I'm family after all :)