
Yet another busy week followed by a fun filled weekend. We had a pretty good Valentine's Day this year. The kids had a lot of fun opening Valentine's from each other. Jacob got very creative with his cards this year. Nathan is holding up one of his Valentine's from Jacob in the above picture. We find it's a good time for the kids to say nice things to each other. We usually get small gifts for the kids on Valentines... along with chocolate of course. This year we got Tyler a large container of red plastic army men and Jacob got a large container of rubber bands. They were quite excited about it. You see there is this game that the Hatches use to play involving a ping pong table and shooting army men down with rubber bands. It provides endless amounts of fun ...for boys especially. Here Brian W. and Tyler are busy at work taking care of those Utes....I mean red army men.

As for Matt and I, we started celebrating on Friday. We went out to dinner with our friend Steve Walter and his girlfriend Becky.
After a yummy dinner we went to a Valentine's dance put on by our stake. We have not been to a dance for quite some time. They even took pictures of us like they do at school dances. I wish I was more
photogenic, but oh well, here's the photo anyway. We had a great time with the few good songs they played. I think it was hard for them to satisfy such a broad range of music taste. It would be nice to go to a dance where you got to pick all the music played. Now that would really be fun. 
Matt and I got to continue our fun on Saturday when we went to see the 3D U2 concert at the IMAX theather. It was great and much cheaper than a real concert. All in all it was, like I said, another fun filled weekend. Now on to the busy week ahead.
10 comments:
Okay...this might be a long comment. First of all, like mother like son! That valentine card is awesome. Even your boys have your creativity. Second, I love the army guy/rubber band activity - that is definitely my next purchase! And finally...love the dance picture! Sounds like the Hatch's know how to celebrate!:)
OK, where do you get BLUE army guys? I just have to keep this even. That is a great idea, I must say! Love the card Jacob made. Great picture of you guys at the dance!
Sounds like fun. We had a family dance in our ward and it was a blast. The music was even great. We didn't get pictures like you did though. By, the way, you are totally photogenic. Will your boys teach my boys how to play the army game next time we're in town?
Stacey I had a choice between blue and red so of course I picked red. There are just at the dollar store. And yes, Jacob is my creative one. I will have to post what he did at church on Sunday. Ummm... and Julie I am so NOT photogenic!
Sounds like a fun weekend
Lindy-
I remember shooting those green army guys for hours on end in the room above the garage at the Hatches first house in Elk Ridge. Ask Matt if he remembers Risk, caramels and cherry coke. Those were the days!
John
That rubber band game looks fantastic. I love that picture of you. You guys know how to party!
My mom cut that black and white photo off because she thought she looked "fluffy". I'm still laughing.
Good luck recovering from your bugg! Those are no fun :(
Get well soon, Lindy! ;D
Post a Comment