THE WEDDING:
On Tuesday our neighbor Steve Walter got married. It was one of those crazy bitter sweet moments. Click the link on Steve's name if you're not sure why that would be so. The wedding, luncheon, and reception were all really nice. Steve has married a great lady. Becky brings to the marriage 6 kids, ages 23 to 11. So combined they will have ten. It won't be easy, but I think they are up to the challenge. And, I am for sure glad it's not me trying to do it:)
The sad part of this whole business is that it means the Walter family will be moving. Only 30 minutes away, but still... I don't have to be sad about that yet though..Becky and Steve are on a two week honeymoon. So for now the kids are still mine..muh ha ha:) I'm not going to start thinking about them moving yet. Here's a photo of the kids I took when they stopped by after the reception. They look great don't they....my other four kids..all spiffed up.
Alice is home!!!The other great and amazing event of the week...yesterday Matt's youngest sister, Alice, returned home from her mission! We were all so excited to see her again. She had a lovely year and a half in Chile, but we are glad to have her home again. Jacob and Miranda were both a little surprised to see that Aunt Alice had shrunk while on her mission:)
And as for bringing in the new year, we did that in style too...family, good food, fireworks, games, and the boys in the family even got to go go-kart racing.


Good times... Hope you all had a great "free" week too:)P.S. Christmas was great. Santa and our extended family treated us well. Our favorite: a new computer! Yeah! I finally have a computer that works! Now I just need a new camera:)
7 comments:
Lindy! You're blog is SO adorable! I love the new layout. Sounds like your family had a fun holiday; I hope you have a Happy New Year!
-Stephanie
Looks like a fun new year. Too bad you guys are not still here. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Amazing!
Sorry. I had to repost because I skipped a vital word. :) As I was saying...Aw those cute, petite Hatch sisters. I couldn't find a Steve link. I think I remember the story but I'm not sure.
I agree! This week has been a fun respite for us too. That's great news for your neighbor, but I know you'll really miss having them nearby.
Love the post. Glad your holidays were terrific. Hope you have a great 2010.
Oh, duh, I was clicking on the wrong name. I got it. That was the story I remembered. You're right. It's bittersweet.
Post a Comment