So it's time for me to get back to my Monday memories segment. This is a post of all those random memories I have from my first grade year. Little snippets of my past that really don't connect to a complete story or event. This is a photo of my first grade class, which was really a 1st/2nd grade class. I'm the blonde in the blue dress-front and center. Don't you just love the dirt/rock playgrounds we had in Albuquerque? There is a story that goes with this picture. You see, first grade was the only grade I attended at this school. My family moved to another part of Albuquerque the summer after this school year. Anyway, years later, my 10th grade year in fact, as I sat talking to a group of friends, I discovered that I had had the same first grade teacher as one of them. Yes, by then, my family had moved back to the same area. I quickly produced this photo. Much to our amusement, the boy seated behind me, on the rock, in the brown pants and brown plaid shirt, was now a good friend of mine--John Lines (well, Farrell now.) Here's a photo of us at BYU...he's the one wearing a tie. (getting a good chuckle Angela?)
Well, anyway, on to my random memories.
*My brother Bret killed a rattlesnake in front of our house with a shovel. My friends and I saw the rattlesnake when we were riding our bikes in our cul-de-sac. *We would eat a lot of pine nuts off the bush in our front yard. *We got a new pool table. *The first memory of seeing my dad cry (not the last-come to find out my dad always cries when he's happy-sweet huh..) *We had a small landscaping pond in our back yard. *A hot air balloon landed in the playground at school one day. And, I think on another day a hot air balloon gave tethered rides. *I loved my math lessons at school. The class I was in did most of our learning in small groups so you could learn at the speed you wanted to. *My oldest brother Russ dropped out of school and ran away for the first time. *My brother Bret played Charlie Brown in the school play. *We had a playroom with all of our toys in it. It was the best place to build a fort because you could leave the fort up for days. I'm not sure my mom liked it though, because quite often we would label the things in our forts with our names so we would know who's fort was who's.
2 comments:
Those are some fun random memories. It's funny how most childhood memories are just small snipits and not full stories.
chuckle? well i'm not the one with the crazy feathered hair! ;)
(i need to call you to talk about high schools.)
Post a Comment