Monday, January 25, 2010

Slacking Sants Sound Amazing

Ok so I have been a slacker with my time in the blogging world lately....well, maybe in the real world too. Thanks to my great new theme for the year I have all of these organizing projects lined up. I have completed a few, but my aspiration is dwindling. I find my self being paralyzed by the task list instead of being motivated by it. Maybe that's what spending a year with the theme "Live and Let Live" will do to you:) There are many days when I find myself doing as Fred Flinstone-running like crazy and getting nowhere. Please tell me I am not the only one who occasionally suffers from this!

Anyway, on to the fun stuff. My weekends have not been very productive, but they have been fun. Over the three day weekend the Sants came for a visit--my brother Bret, his wife Debbie, and two of his boys-Jayson and JJ. His oldest son, Brian, is now a freshman in college and sadly couldn't come. We missed him-especially Jacob. We had a grand time playing/hanging out with the Sants. We were a little sad we had no fresh snow to offer, but they were glad not to be driving in it. On Saturday we went and watched the Cougars slam Colorado State. The game was almost a sell out so it was pretty fun. On Monday we decided to take them to the snow. We went tubing at Gorgoza Park by Park City--always fun! Later on Monday we ditched the kids and went to Rodizio Grill-always yummy! It was a short visit, but still so fun. We love hanging out with them-always the best!


This weekend we got to go and hear the amazing talents of our oldest son and his best buddy Adam as they performed in the All-State Band and Orchestra. Their final concert was in Abravanel Hall in downtown SLC. What an accomplishment for them! Only four musicians from Jordan High School were chosen. They sounded AMAZING! The level of music they were playing blew me away. Way to go boys!

It was hard for me to get a good picture during the concert--trombones are always at the back. Sorry guys, I know it's not the best photo, but it's the only one.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so proud of those boys! What a great accomplishment! And I say take that to-do list one item at a time. If you need a break, then take a break. It's amazing what some time away will do to get you motivated again!

Julie Smith said...

I love me a well dressed trombone player. Go jacob!

Stacey said...

You have an amazing family Lindy! Thank you for sharing Saturday evening with us. I must confess that, I, too, run around like Fred Flinstone at times.

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

AWWW seeing those pictures brings back band memories. How cute are they?

angela michelle said...

ugh, I know exactly what you mean about the long lists! Yay, Jacob!