For those of you without multiple boys living in your home…lucky you..or should I say..your bathroom is lucky. How in the world can boys end up getting pee everywhere? I have trained, begged, and pleaded and still, there is pee. Today I spent several hours deep cleaning the boy’s bathroom. A job I have not done since before my surgery. The boys have been left to do it. They just didn’t happen to see the pee on the wall behind the toilet or even on the floor behind the toilet. They didn’t happen to see the boogers wiped under the edge of the counter (Now come on! Gross!) And how in the world does a glob of toothpaste get behind the toilet? I understand how it gets all over the counter and on the floor, but behind the toilet? It’s funny, when I confront the boys about who is the one getting pee on the floors, walls, garbage can, and all over the toilet seat, no one is willing to take the blame. All of the boys get their pee in the toilet, ALL the time. Well, clearly they don’t! I even had one boy suggest that maybe it was Miranda. I’m pretty sure it’s not her. One, because she can hardly stand to go into that germ infested place and, two, because it would be physically impossible for her to get her pee in some of those places without the use of a cup. I’m fairly confident she didn’t do that.
Now, don’t take me as one that always has a horribly germ ridden house. I just normally like my kids to take responsibility for their own messes. The boys are assigned chores to clean said bathroom at least once a week. It’s just that normally I go in once a month to take care of the deep cleaning. Needless to say I haven’t been in there to deep clean since January. (Yes, I have been procrastinating it…YUCK! Who would put that at the top of their list?)
So, the boys came home to a clean bathroom today. Now there are notes and “how to” lists posted all over the bathroom. Now maybe they will see the Clorox wipes….even if they didn’t before. I don't really keep them in a tricky spot do I?

I am hoping these notes are clear and easy to understand. We'll see:)


So, am I alone with this? Are we the only ones with a phantom in our bathroom? How have you solved the mystery?
7 comments:
This is hilarious. I should put this sign up just for when my boyfriend comes over ha ha! Oh and with the bleach wipes out and ready!
I love "pee free"!! We once had a bathroom with carpet in it... enough said.
*sigh* I'm not looking forward to George getting older and the bathroom getting messier. I love the notes and ginormous container of Clorox wipes!
I hear you LOUD and CLEAR!! It is rather amazing and disgusting all in one.
My mom used to leave notes just like these in my brothers bathroom. I guess if we aren't physically there to remind them what to do... then a SIGN is the next best thing!
Loved Reading this!
Oh Lindy, you know I'm with you. It's horrible. I once heard of a woman who never let her boys learn of the whole standing up thing, and I wish I had done the same. Let us know if those signs work!
Lindy-I know when Aunt Dede potty trained Peter she had him sit BACKWARDS on the toilet just to get it all in the bowl. And having raised FOUR boys I know exactly what you are talking about. They used to daydream and space out while going...today most boys are probably on their phone or their DS. Yuk!
Only other moms of boys can understand what you are talking about. We all commiserate!
Post a Comment