Sunday, December 12, 2010

The calm before the storm

So this week has been "the calm before the storm". Kind of funny that I can say that on a week where we had a Canyons Symphony Orchestra concert, Matt's work Christmas party, and a YM/YW activity to go see the lights at Temple Square. I've been trying to take advantage of this time to get some shopping done, Christmas cards ready to send, gifts for coworkers/neighbors ready to go, etc. etc. We were also able to have time to make these great gingerbread houses. This year we decided it would be fun to have everyone decorate their own.

Nathan and Miranda's
Mom and Tyler's
Matt and Jacob's
I guess now it's time for me to take a deep breath and plunge into the week ahead. Here's a sampling of what we have going on Monday -Friday..Ward Christmas party, Miranda choir concert, Ward RS progressive dinner, Tyler choir concert, Tyler band concert, Tyler's 4hour ski trip, YM/YW mutual activity, Jacob band concert, Matt gone to Denver for three days, Nathan's family traditions report due, Miranda's orthodontist appointment, Nathan's class Christmas party, Tyler's birthday party (his birthday is Saturday), my normal work schedule, and, of course, I'm getting a bad head cold and sore throat...could be due to the fact that a third of my first grade class has had strep throat in the last month:(
Wish me luck:)

3 comments:

Emily said...

What is it about this week? Seriously! Everything seems to be happening in the next 3 or 4 days. It's crazy! Best of luck to you--your schedule is even crazier than mine!

Stacey said...

Whoa. Pretty hard to fit a nap in anywhere!! After this week, Christmas break will feel even more yummy. xo

angela michelle said...

Loved your Christmas card. I know, December is just a bit too much. I wish school let out a week or two earlier.