Tuesday, June 7, 2011
The night before...
So here I sit...almost 1am...the night before my oldest graduates from high school...unable to sleep. In the next few days I will post the photos from our great graduation party..photos of him in his cap and gown..of him receiving his diploma...all happiness and smiles...but for now, I sit here in sadness and wonder...am I ready? am I really ready to let him go? Or more importantly...Is he ready? Have I taught him all that I could have? Will he really be able to make it in this crazy world? I am nowhere close to a perfect parent..I missed getting the instruction book...oh wait there wasn't one. There's so much more I could have, should have done. It's crazy that this is already here. Now, I know he will succeed...it's 98 and three quarters percent guaranteed. Right? But, I'm afraid if I blink, they will all be gone. I'm not ready for that. I don't want any of my Hatchlings to fly away....even if they're suppose to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This one gave me the chills. I can't imagine all the emotions you must be going through. Just know that you have raised some amazing kids... they will be just fine. xo
Post a Comment