What an amazing Thanksgiving weekend we had. I guess any weekend filled with that much food and family and a son home from college is bound to be good. Matt's sister, Tauna, and her family came into town too. Thanksgiving dinner was at Laura and Rand's house this year. YUM-O! Sweet potato casserole, the rolls, and the pistachio salad were my favorites this year. 39 people for one meal makes for a lot of dirty dishes, but oh so much fun!
| Tyler, Tristin, and Matthew |
| Beautiful Ella |
| Cara, Rachel, Jenna, Sierra, Brooklyn, Owen, and Ella |
After stuffing ourselves completely, we headed out for our traditional Thanksgiving Day movie.
There was no doubt or debate on what we were going to see this year. I was so excited to see The Muppets and....I LOVED it! It was just what a muppet movie should be. I will see it again and probably again and again....mahna mahna!Then came the shopping. Shopping was a little different this year and, no, not just because the sales started at midnight (for me, a night owl, that time worked out quite nicely), but because I stood in line, not for toys, but for suitcases. 95% of my Black Friday shopping was devoted to outfitting my soon to be missionary. We were able to catch a number of good sales and I think ended up saving quite a bit. Getting ready for a mission can be quite expensive. I'm thankful all my boys will be going out at about this time of year. We'll be able to take advantage of Black Friday sales each time:)
So, after shopping and a sleep in it was time for Pie Day to begin! Pie Day...that amazing Hatch holiday that is seriously one of the best holidays ever. A full day devoted to the eating of pies...yep sounds good to me. Let's see, we had chocolate, oreo, peppermint, lemon meringue, a couple cherry, a couple apple, pecan, yogurt, peach, jalapeno cream cheese (I wasn't brave enough to try it), strawberry, and , of course, pumpkin. That's what I can remember. Sadly, no banana cream this year.
After getting our fill of pie, Miranda and I ducked out early to head up to SLC. My co-worker won tickets from a radio station for a private meet and great with David Archuleta at the Joseph Smith Memorial building downtown. She knew I had a daughter who really liked him and gave me the tickets...So Nice! Miranda already has David's autograph (probably two or three), but this time she got to have a little chat with him. He even asked her about her leg. Ya, they'd make a cute couple:)
So after some more movie watching, cousin sleepovers, boys skiing, and a girls night of crafting, it was time for Jacob to head back to Provo, the Ireland's back to South Dakota, and the rest of us back to our lists of to do's. Ah, let the holidays begin! WAHOO!

2 comments:
Thought of you the whole time I was watching the Muppets. Mahna, mahna! Yes, David Archuleta would make a nice son-in-law!
Sounds like fun times. I think the real key to our success in marriage is that Mark and I were both raised watching the Muppets after our Saturday night baths.
We got your Christmas card and *loved* it. What a crazy year this has been!
Post a Comment