Monday, June 16, 2008

A favorite quote

"I don't want to show up at the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed with long perfect manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon with mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want there to be grass stains on my shoes from mowing Mrs. Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and I really lived!" Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Angela I guess that goes right along with...I'm OK to show up with stretched out tummy flab and stretch marks all over...Oh well, It's proof I lived!

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

That's a great quote--perfect!

Jan T. said...

Love that quote! I now have it posted on my fridge! Thanks for sharing-I'd never heard it before!